Saturday, May 8, 2010

What I've Learned...

...about being a Mommy:
- It's best to fold the clothes as you take them out of the dryer. If you put them in the basket unfolded, it'll never happen!
- It's very important for baby to eat...it's not as important for Mommy. So, either eat like someone's going to take it away from you any second, or just don't bother!
- Shopping for cute baby girl clothes is much more fun than shopping for your own clothes!
- Getting up at 3 am is not nearly as hard as it sounds when you get to spend quiet time with a sweet baby girl.
- The laundry and the dishes never end...
- Just leave the bottle-making station out in the kitchen. There's no sense in cleaning it all up...you'll just need it again very soon.

Photobucket


- A clean baby is the sweetest smell!
- There's no telling what you might see from the backseat when you've pulled over to feed your baby...people don't see you and they don't know you're watching!
- It's almost impossible to make it anywhere before 11 am...and that's when you get up at 7 to get ready.
- The "old school" way is sometimes the best way. I thought I had to have the Dr. Brown's bottles. Here's where their parts are now. I'm still using the actual bottles to mix and warm formula, but we're using the Playtex DropIns - best parenting decision we've made so far!!
Photobucket

-Some days, getting dressed by 2 pm is an accomplishment.
- It's the coolest thing to see your little girl make expressions that look just like her Daddy.
- The thought of not sleeping in the same room as your baby is a really sad one! And you never thought you'd be that way!

Photobucket


- There's baby paraphernalia all over the house, but you wouldn't have it any other way. See below...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


- Your husband will consider wearing a pink tie for your baby's dedication (and Mother's Day)...and he would never have done that before the baby came along!
- When your own mother told you she'd do anything for you, she really, really meant it.
- Your heart can hold more love than you ever knew possible!!
- Holding your sleeping baby is the most precious thing in this world.
- Things that sounded like sacrifices before your baby arrived are really not - there's nothing you'd rather do than exactly what your baby needs.
- Your baby is the cutest in the world to you (and for some Mommies like me, it's really true!!) See below...
- I could never have imagined how much God would bless me with Avery Claire. Being her Mommy is the absolute best thing in this world. I can't imagine our life without her in it!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

8 comments:

C. Smith said...

Brooke what a sweet post!! Have a wonderful first Mother's day

Brandi said...

That is so sweet! She is more beautiful everyday! Being a mother IS an amazing experience! Enjoy!

Mrs. Kelly Rooks said...

Very cute post.....and so true!! Tell Dusty that Coach is wearing pink too!ha!! Hope you have a wonderful 1st Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

You ain't seen nuthin' yet!

Anonymous said...

Brooke, That is so sweet. Just think, you have learned all that in six weeks! Being a mom is the biggest blessing GOD has given me, and I am so excited to be a grandmother. You're the greatest mom and I love you so much. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!
Avery Claire, I'm so excited about your baby dedication today, I pledge to GOD to be a good Mema and always tell you of his amazing love for you.
Dusty, I love you and you're such a good daddy!!!
LOVE, MEMA

Steph said...

This is such a sweet post!! I had so much fun with you this weekend Avery Claire! You were so beautiful at your dedication. And you were so good on our shopping trip!
Brooke, you are such a wonderful Mom. Happy 1st Mother's Day. I love you so much and I am so thankful for you.

Elena said...

I love hearing something positive about all the changes that occur once baby arrives! Most people just tell us how "nothing will ever be the same"...which comes across as very negative! This post makes all those changes sound so much more acceptable:) I can't wait to order our baby some of these precious head bands!

Anonymous said...

I love this sweet post!
Brooke, I loved spending your 1st Mother's Day with you. You are such an amazing mommy to our precious Avery Claire! I love watching you with her. It fills my heart with joy and brings back so many sweet memories of my precious babies. Being a mom is my life's greatest blessing and I am so thankful to be a Nana! Avery Claire's baby dedication was such a sweet service. We praise God for our sweet angel! She is so blessed to have you and Dusty as her loving parents! I Love You So Much, Mom

Post a Comment