Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Night Before Kindergarten

Tonight, I tucked in my baby girl for the last time as a pre-schooler. Tomorrow, she becomes a Kindergartener. That seemed so very far away 5 years ago.

She's ready. She's excited. We read all of our back-to-school books. Backpacks are packed. 
I'm so excited for her, but it's such a bittersweet thing for a mama. As crazy as life already is, I know that once she's in school, it only gets crazier, and goes faster. 

My prayer for her is not that she learns to read or doesn't struggle with math. I know that stuff is important, but it's not my biggest concern. My prayer is that she has a kind heart towards everyone she encounters. I pray that she takes it all in and enjoys every second of it all. I pray she never has to have an anxious or worried heart because of school. My biggest prayer is that, no matter what she encounters, she knows where to turn. I pray that prayer is her go-to and that her trust is always in Jesus. I know then that the rest of it takes care of itself.




I'm not ready, and I wouldn't be in a million years. But I trust that she'll be fine. And, Lord knows that I'll be doing lots of praying about school and all she encounters over the next 12 years (or next 52 years).


0 comments:

Post a Comment