Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Avery Claire & Mommy's First Adventure

Today, Avery Claire and I ventured to Decatur to meet Kate and Chambless for lunch. I was one nervous Mommy about our trip...it's an hour drive to get to Decatur (and an hour to get home). I promised myself before Avery Claire joined us that I wouldn't let having a baby keep me secluded in the house. So, we had a warm day and we're (almost) one month old. What better day to go on our first adventure? I made sure Avery Claire ate and had a clean diaper before we left. I don't know what I was so nervous about - she did awesome. She slept most of the trip. She opened her eyes a couple of times to peek at Chambless, but, otherwise, she snoozed. If all trips can go as smoothly, we'll be going on more adventures in the near future!

Photobucket

We went to 5 Guys!! When I taught in Decatur, any time we had the chance to go out to eat, we went to 5 Guys to have greasy fries!
Avery Claire & Mommy

Photobucket

Chambless & Kate (I bet Kate will soon have pics of our outing on her blog if you click here)

Photobucket

Avery Claire snoozing

Photobucket

Chambless reading his new Toy Story bookPhotobucket
Avery Claire's first trip to Target...the first of many, I'm sure
Chambless and I had to have Starbucks!


Photobucket

This is one tired little girl...and she slept for the entire trip!

Photobucket

Kate and Chambless, we enjoyed our afternoon with you! We'll be back soon!

3 comments:

Mrs. Kelly Rooks said...

Good for you!!! Looks like y'all had a great time, and I love me some greasy fries from 5 guys!!

Brandi said...

I love her dress!

Anonymous said...

Brooke ,
so glad you and Ms. Avery Claire got out of the house ,, sounds like you have motherhood all figured out .. I love her dress ! thanks for sharing pics of you , dusty and your precious daughter with us.. love Bev

Post a Comment