Friday, October 19, 2012

House Update

I know it's been awhile since I updated about the house. Our afternoons are busy running to check on the progress, run to the lighting store or the paint store or WalMart. You know...

Our brick has been finished for a few weeks. I love it. I was worried about it a little because it's a special order and it's only on one house in our area, but with a different mortar color. So we hadn't actually seen our combination on a house. We are very pleased!
Photobucket

And as pleased as we are with the brick, I am so excited and happy we decided to do rock columns. Dusty left that up to me {because of course, more $ was involved}. I love it!
Photobucket

I think it's a little hard to tell in this picture, but our trim and gutters are done. We went with taupe trim and dark brown gutters/garage doors. Again, happy with our choice!
Photobucket

I've been to the lighting store 3 times since last Saturday. Avery Claire is known as the "Alabama girl" when we walk in because she had on a Bama shirt the first time. She's made friends with the lady there and had her counting to 3 for her to jump off the step the last time we were there. There are so many choices. I thought picking out brick was hard. I think lighting is harder. I had one light fixture in my shopping cart at Restoration Hardware and decided to go once more the lighting store. It just so happened I found a very similar light for hundreds cheaper. So, I got my dining room, foyer, and breakfast fixtures for less than the one I was going to order. Whew!!
Photobucket

And paint colors....just look at the choices. Enough said.
Photobucket

Here's our master shower. That's been a big part of our last two weeks. Picking out tile. Picking out decorative tile. Picking out grout. Picking out ceiling and floor tile. Going to pick up more tile. I think it's going to look awesome!
Photobucket


And flooring. We're using the same tile throughout, thank God. And we decided on the Chestnut, which is the one on the far right, top choice. I probably would've went darker, but my friend pointed out that every speck of dust would show up. Photobucket

We've had such a good experience with the building process. It's been pretty stress-free so far. There are lots of choices to make, but it's fun to see it all come together. And we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It'll still be a few weeks until move-in time, but it won't be long! Trim is done. Painting starts Monday, then lighting goes up, then floors and cabinets. There will be lots to update soon!

Elena, I think you're the only person still reading, but as long as I know you're out there, I'll keep going! We haven't decided on the door, but the builders and I did have a discussion yesterday about glazing vs. distressing!

4 comments:

Mrs. Kelly Rooks said...

Looks great!!! Love the shower and rock columns!!

Anonymous said...

I love the choices you and Dusty have made for the house! Papa and I loved getting to see the progress ourselves this weekend! It is going to be beautiful!! I love the brick and rock combination!! The tile work in the bathroom is gorgeous and I love the beautiful crown molding! Can't wait to see the finished result! Avery Claire said she wanted a swing set from Santa at her new house! She is excited too! Love to you all! Nana

Rosie said...

I'm still reading!! I'll go ahead and mention again how jealous I am of your progress. We have had HELL building our house. If it's not one thing it's another. OVER. IT!
I know it's late, but every single design element I'm using, I've gotten off of houzz.com. It's like pinterest but only for house stuff. Check it out if you still are undecided on anything.
Love the stone entry, window shapes, bathroom tile and floor colors. Your friend is right about the dark floors. You'd be cleaning it non-stop!

Louise said...

I LOVE your rock columns!!! The house looks great!!!

Post a Comment