Sunday, April 7, 2013

No Nap Days

Lately, we've let Avery Claire skip some naps on the weekends {and some during Spring Break}. She actually does pretty well without a nap, but it's not something I'm ready to cut out entirely! Sometimes Mama needs a nap, too!! Anyway, on the days she doesn't nap, she is absolutely worn out by 7:00. If you know her, you know why. The girl never slows down. I secretly love "no nap days" because that means she will snuggle with me for a few minutes before she just falls asleep because her little eyes won't stay open any longer.
  photo IMG_0796_zpse6942e9c.jpg

Who wouldn't wanna just kiss that sweet face all over? photo IMG_0953_zpsa39ea825.jpg

Saturday night, she was still going strong after 7:00 after no nap. So I told her I'd get my bath and we'd snuggle and watch a movie in my bed. She was so excited!
 photo IMG_0931_zps660abfd7.jpg

She didn't make it long. Neither did I.
 photo IMG_0940_zpsa891b9a3.jpg

The rest of this post has nothing to do with no naps, but...
One night last week, she said "Mama, I gonna take my fwood and go watch TB in my woom." We usually do eat in the same room, at least. Tonight, I didn't argue because her baby "Elvie" was in the bed and she didn't want her to be alone.
 photo IMG_0899_zps9930089a.jpg 
Can you believe how long her hair has gotten?  photo IMG_0906_zpsb8fac5e5.jpg
We got by Jack's usually one morning a week {typically Fridays}. This past Friday, she kept telling me she wanted me to fold her wrapper. She got frustrated because I couldn't get it fixed right and finally said "I wanna hold it wike Mrs. Susan!!" Her teacher brings biscuits in {and hashbrowns to share with Avery Claire} a lot and she wraps her wrapper around her biscuit, like so:
 photo IMG_0910_zpsa994cc0f.jpg

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our sweet girl is definitely a busy girl! On one no-nap day, after I dried her hair we stood up, she layed her head on my shoulder, and she was sound asleep! Needless to say, I got a lot of snuggle time that night! I love all the sweet pics in this post! Love, Love, Love my precious, sweet, beautiful, smart Avery Claire!!!!

Post a Comment