Saturday, October 12, 2013

September (til mid October)

September was an exhausting month. It went by so fast, I didn't even realize I hadn't blogged for a whole month. I've gotten a few not-so-subtle hints lately to catch up. And keep up. So I will try. Again.

We went to the fair. Avery Claire wanted to swing. We warned her that these swings were fast and high, but she was determined. I just knew we would be begging the lady to stop the swing after one swift turn around. 14 tickets and three swing rides later, I was proven wrong. We did ride the bumper boats and play games, but the swing was the favorite. Even in the steady rain.


She even got a tattoo. What person at the fair didnt have a tattoo?!


She is absolutely loving gymnastics. I need to do a whole gym post and share pics and videos!


We have tried to squeeze in some play/chill time. It's been much needed lately!

Her favorite days at school are when I don't make her wear hard shirts (by that she means monogrammed or appliqués). I do iron stuff on the back, so they don't bother or irritate her. Sh exist likes "comforble" clothes.


We went to CC for Abby's baby shower. Saturday, we played with Hudson and Aubrie at the park. We had so much fun!!


Avery Claire will let Sarah do anything. I was so happy to see Sarah walk in Sunday morning when I was trying to convince Avery Claire to wash her hair.


Our kiddos had fun playing together at the shower. I love getting to see our babies play!



Grandma followed us home Sunday to help me with the book fair at my school. God Bless her. She worked like a dog. For no pay. And then came home to a cranky kid every day. I'm sure she slept all last week to recuperate. Thanks, Grandma, for staying with us and working. I couldn't have made it without you!!


My sweet husband knew I needed some time to myself and informed me he had booked me a massage last Saturday. It was wonderful. And then he told me to take my time shopping afterwards. By myself. You mamas know that, as much as we love our babies, shopping by yourself is like a trip to Tahiti.


Rested and restored, I took Avery ClIre to Miami Ice for snow cones that afternoon. She literally at her whole snow cone.


We had nerd day at school Tuesday. I sent Dusty a pic to give him a good laugh.


Avery Claire had pics at school last Wednesday. She showed me how she smiled at the photographer. It was precious. Lets hope it's true!


We started a pumpkin painting project that I imagined would take one day. We're still not done with those pumpkins...but we've sure had fun working on them.


And this face. There are no words. Not nice ones anyway, for how I feel about the Horrendous, OMG Threes. We just thought two was bad. These past two weeks have made us realize how naive we were. It's a good thing we love her to pieces and are so thankful that she's healthy and perfect in every way. 


Today has been glorious in that we've done absolutely nothing, except play, read, and nap!!! Yes, i said NAP! All of us. That hasn't happened in months. It was much needed and much enjoyed!


We did make a KMart run. In high heel



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures of our busy, happy Davis family! We so enjoyed our time with y'all in "late" September! We missed having dusty with us! Avery Claire still tells me that is when she is coming back to CC. Avery Claire, I can't wait to see your rainbow pumpkin! I know that it will be beautiful! I can't wait to see what else you have learned in gymnastics! Love your outfit for your school pictures! You are so adorable! i miss you all and I am sending my love, hugs, and kisses! Nana

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I love how you are looking at your daddy on the swing. Checking to make sure he is ok? I can't believe that you got him on any ride! Dusty, you'll do anything for your girl , right? Brooke, you even look beautiful dressed as a "nerd!" Love and miss y'all much!!

Post a Comment