Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Davis Family Christmas Tour


We began our Christmas tour Saturday morning. We fondly call it the Davis family Christmas tour - we enjoy every second of visiting with our family!! 

These two had to chill while we got the entire house packed into the truck. 


I was a horrible picture taker. I always say I'm going to do better and I just don't. I do live in the moment - I've got to get better at capturing it!! 

We stopped in Birmingham for the Davis Christmas Saturday. 


Sunday, we ate lunch and had Christmas with Grandma and Mike. I got no pictures. :-/

We had Christmas with my mom's family Sunday night. We have always gotten family pictures there, no thanks to the men. They grumble every year, but I know they are secretly glad we do it! 




Our family has grown a lot this year!! 


I love getting the big group picture!! I included a couple of outtakes for your viewing pleasure. I'd love to know what was going on with the right side of this group. 















Avery Claire is always begging someone to tell her a story. She and Papa made up the Googler family when we were there for Thanksgiving. Papa is great at making up stories about the Googlers and she would listen for HOURS!!!


Avery Claire had a cold while were visiting and it moved into her eyes. They had yucky, gooey stuff in them. We had to finally get her pedicatrician to call in an antibiotic eye drop, which helped tremendously!! 


It's almost impossible to get a good picture with two babies!!! 




We went to the lodge, or the "log," as Avery Claire called it. 


She has been so excited about spending the night with these girls at the "log." When we broke the news that she had to go with us, she was so devastated. We hated to leave those at the lodge to deal with her hacking cough, breathing treatments throughout the night, and her panic when she woke up with her eyes matted and yucky.


Papa managed to sneak the Christmas story in amongst those about the Googlers. 


We got up Wednesday morning and headed home so that Santa could find us at our house!! We tried for one picture of Papa and Nana with their grandbabies. Again...impossible!! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved having you all with us! We treasure these times! You all bring us more joy and love than you will ever know! I am so thankful for the pictures! The men secretly do enjoy looking back at our pics! They are prized possessions in my opinion! I love my family! Nana

Post a Comment