Saturday, February 18, 2012

You know it's gettin' that time...

Photobucket
You know it's gettin' time to give up the paci when:

1) Your child stops calling her paci a "sha-shi" and starts calling it her papi.

2) Your child says "Not night night. Water {later}. No papi." If you need a translation: "It's not time for night night. We will go later. We can only have our papi at night night."

3) You find one of them that looks like this:
Photobucket

Avery Claire only has her paci while she sleeps. She has done soooo well with that adjustment. She gets it right before we start her breathing treatment at night and gives it up pretty easily in the mornings and after naps {most of the time}.
We don't how that paci got broken into two pieces during the middle of the night. Nor do we know where the other half is. But it's gettin' really close to "that" time...when she has to give it up. I'm so not ready.
Photobucket

That's enough, Mommy!!!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke, you were never a fan of the paci, but Matt loved his paci! I dreaded the time when Matt had to give it up! I was surprised how easy it was for him to adjust! Your dad and I just told him he was too big for a paci and we let him throw them out the window of the car. I think it was easier for him than it was for me! Sometimes it is hard for us to let our babies grow up! You all will adjust when the time comes!
I love and miss you all, Nana
Give my sweet, beautiful GRANDbaby a kiss and hug from me!

Post a Comment