Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sick of Sick

Last Wednesday afternoon when Dusty picked Avery Claire up from daycare, she had a fever. We headed straight to the doctor's office. She'd had a little cough the night before and that morning {and we'd started breathing treatments}, and we all know how that turned out last time. Dr. Hamilton did an x-ray {it was clear} and said it was viral and gave her a steroid. She was some better Thursday, when I stayed home with her.

She was worse Friday when Dusty stayed home with her. He took her back to the doctor and they did blook work and another x-ray. Dr. Allen saw a small spot of pneumonia and gave her an antibiotic.
Photobucket
Photobucket
She ran a fever through Saturday afternoon. Can you tell her fever broke during her nap?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, she was much better. She helped me work on cleaning up in the garage. It's getting better. And I don't even have a before picture to show for all of my hard work!
Photobucket
Photobucket

She went back to daycare yesterday. She acted 100% last night. She asked Daddy to "daynce" before bedtime.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
There's nothing like a clean baby in a white onesie, is there?!
Photobucket

We found daycare bite #5 {since December} on her back last night. She kept telling us "my back hut" and we laughed because I've had an issue for a week with my back and we thought she was just copying me.
Photobucket

Then...she woke up with a fever and a horrible cough/fast breathing again this morning! I loaded her up and took her back to the doctor. They did yet another x-ray and said the same small spot was still there. We have to keep a close eye on her and make sure she drinks/eats/feels good. Dr. Huffman-Parker said the fever today must be from something else she's picked up. I think their guess is as good as ours sometimes. But, she has acted like she felt much better this afternoon. Even in the doctor's office this morning, she was chipper and playing.
Photobucket
We're trying to keep her inside, so poor baby keeps asking to go the "grage."
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm really hoping this peumonia and whatever else she has clears up quickly. We are tired of being sick!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I'm so sorry you're not over this mess!!! Praying this is the end of it, we ask GOD for clear lungs, no cough and no fever!!! you and your baby look so cute riding in your car, you and your daddy was getting down!!! Love it, and I love you sweet baby girl!!! Mema

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I hope you are well soon!!! You, your mommy, and your daddy have been in my thoughts and prayers! You are blessed to have parents who are taking such great care of you! I am so thankful!
This brings back memories of when my sweet babies had a tough time getting over being sick! Your mommy always battled ear infections and strep and your Uncle Matt always battled viral infections and pneumonia. It is heartbreaking to have a sick baby!
Nana is so sorry about your bites! Sweet girl, start playing with those kids who have no teeth!
I love you all and miss you so much! Nana

Brandi said...

Bless her heart! I hope she's better soon. Btw..I can SO see AC going up to all the kids at daycare saying "let me see your teeth"! (in regards to ur moms statement) LOL!

Post a Comment