Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TWO

Avery Claire, I absolutely cannot believe you are TWO! It seems like yesterday we were getting your nursery ready and installing your carseat and driving to the hospital because Mommy was in labor. These past two years have been absolutely the best, fastest, most rewarding, tiring, fun, amazing years of my life. Your daddy and I are amazed by you every day.
There are so many things I want to remember about you at this sweet stage in your life. I could never name them all, but I'll give it a shot!
Photobucket
You love life...literally enjoy every second. You are the busiest two year old on the planet. I don't know a lot of other two year olds, but I don't need to. I know there cannot be many more busy than you, sweet girl! You don't waste a second with silly things like sitting still {unless you're reading a book!}.
Photobucket
You are talking up a storm. It's like you turned two and started talking in sentences. I love it! You can say anything we say - in a much cuter way!
Photobucket
You don't forget a thing. If we tell you something once, you remember it. And if it has something to do with going somewhere or getting something at the store {like pink trop trops}, you remember it!
Photobucket
You recognize your surroundings when we're driving {and have for some time now}. For example, you know when the bridge is coming up and start saying "water, water!!"


You love candy and know that if you wash your hair, you get candy while we dry it. In the tub, you start asking "My hair?" so we can wash it!
Photobucket
You are such a friendly little girl. You say hello and bye-bye to anyone, anywhere. You are starting to be a little more shy when we go places. It sometimes takes you a few minutes to warm up. Once you're warmed up, you're off playing and talking and there's no stopping you!


You can name all of your daycare friends. I love to hear you say their names...Weah, Kakie, Bubba, Madson, Raney, Shaywor, Bayden, Ewwie....too precious!
Photobucket
You love to be outside. You come home every afternoon ready to "side" and "sing!" You tell us while you're swinging "I sing up high!"

You LOVE flip-flops {trop-trops}. I'm trying to convince you to wear sandals, occasionally, but you love your flip flops!
You tell me that you're not a baby when we pull up at MawMart because you don't want to ride in the buggy! You have gotten better about riding in them, though {although sometimes a candy bribe may be involved!}.
Photobucket

You are the most beautiful, smartest, most precious, most perfect, sweetest little girl in the whole wide world and Mommy and Daddy love you to pieces. We cannot remember life before you. We are so glad God sent you to us to be our little girl. He couldn't have picked a more perfect little girl for us. We treasure every second with you. Words could never describe how much we love you, Avery Claire. We could not be more grateful for the past two years and look forward to watching you grow, our sweet baby girl! We love you so very much!

My Child
© Dee Mcdonald
I look at my child as she looks at me
And into her eyes I look and I see,
The innocence that fills her unspoiled soul
These moments I wish I could treasure and hold.

But my baby is growing and influences are strong
I hope she remembers the right from the wrong,
I've tried hard to instill these virtues inside
But regardless, she still fills me happiness and pride.

The job of a Mother can be very hard
With tears full and plenty your heart can feel scared,
When you look at your baby filled with happiness and glee
No better reward for a Mother can be.

As hard as it is or as it can be
I'd never trade this experience for anything you see,
The innocence she holds she has passed on to me
And a much better person she’s helped me to be.


Source: Looking At My Child, Daughter Poem http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/looking-at-my-child#ixzz1qTJvCNxu
www.FamilyFriendPoems.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I, too, cannot believe you are already 2 years old. We have all enjoyed being with you every chance we have. You are so full of joy and happiness. You are always busy and we love every minute we are with you. You are so lucky that God gave you to your mommy and daddy who love you more than any thing in this world. Your family also loves you very much. I know you will grow up knowing that you are loved very much. Enjoyed being with you on your birthday and enjoyed your party very much.
I love you all very much. Love, Grandmother Joann

Anonymous said...

I love all of these beautiful pictures of you sweet girl.
Love Grandmother Joann

Anonymous said...

Sweet Avery Claire, Nana loves these beautiful pictures of her precious, happy "2" year old cutie pie! I love to hear your sweet voice and watch those precious facial expressions! I love to watch you play and love on your babies! I love to hear you read a book and I love to read to you! I love watching you learn new things! I love to play with you outside! I love it when you pat my back and say "My Nana". I love everything about you sweetie! I LOVE YOU! You are our precious gift from God above and we are so thankful for you! Nana

Anonymous said...

Love, love the pictures of beautiful Avery Claire. I just love the joy and excitement in your eyes. Sweet girl, you just make me smile when I see you or see a picture or hear your voice... you feel a void in my life I never knew existed until 2 years ago. You have the best mommy and daddy that any little girl could ever hope for and they just enjoy you sooo much. I love all of you and thank GOD for you and for all the blessings HE gives. Love, Mema

Judy Joseph said...

She is adorable!!! I love all of the birthday pictures. Her birthday decorations and her outfit are soooooooo cute. I really can't believe that she is 2.

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire,, I love your beautiful birthday pictures, I love reading all the sweet things you say and do . you are one precious girl . I can hardly believe you are already TWO ! Your mommy ,daddy and family love you so much! I am so glad your mommy shares all your milestones . I feel like I am there too, because I too love your sweet family and I love spending time with your Memaw and nana ! Mrs. Beverly

Anonymous said...

I love the sweet poem! I love being mom to my sweet babies, Brooke and Matt, mother-in-law to your sweet spouses, Dusty and Sarah, and Nana to our sweet Avery Claire! Papa and I are so blessed!! We love you all more than you will ever know! Mom

Post a Comment