Thursday, March 22, 2012

Whirlwind

Getting ready for a birthday party, preparing my students to take the ARMT+, exercising with the husband, trying to get some clothes washed, attempting to failing at keep our house in order....and most importantly - spending precious time with our 1 year old {who will only be 1 for 3 more days}...
life is a whirlwind.
Photobucket
I love being busy, but I am ready for summer to get here and things to {maybe} slow down just a tad bit.
Last year, I dedicated the whole week before Avery Claire's birthday to birthday posts. This year, I'm hoping I get to blog about her 2nd birthday before or on the actual day. Lately, with my track record, I'll get it done within 10 days of her turning 2.
I have been enjoying getting ready for her party. She had so much fun at her party last year. I'm so excited to see her this year. She knows what a party is. And she knows there will be cake and chips!
Here's what we've been up to this past week, in random order.
I found this bag the other day and forgot to take a picture of it before Avery Claire took the diaper out. She took her kid playdough, tore it into little pieces, put it in a diaper, got wipes, and "cleaned up" her baby's diaper. Then she got a Walmart bag and put the "stinky" diaper in it. That's what we do with her dirty diapers and then we throw them out in the garage and her daddy transports them to the dumpster. We laughed so hard when we found this bag. They seriously do see and do as we do, right?!
Photobucket
I figured it'd be cool on March 17, so I made the St. Patty's day shirt on a long sleeve onesie. It was 80ish degrees. Go figure.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We went to Leah's birthday party Saturday. Avery Claire was unsure of the pinata. But she did go grab a bagful of candy at Mrs. Brittany's prompting!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I thought we were giving the paci up one night. Avery Claire said it was for a baby. I asked, and she wanted to send them to another baby. We fixed an envelope and took it to the mailbox. Of course, she really needed them when it was time to lay down. I'm not ready to fight that battle yet.
Photobucket
Photobucket

She will take her diaper off in a New York minute if she can get to it. And she wants to wear "paynties." So we tried it for a bit one afternoon.
Photobucket

Avery Claire is surviving on "pish." She grabbed a box of Whales at the store last weekend. That's all she'll eat.
Photobucket
They make her quite silly! :-)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke, I know how you feel! I can't wait until "Spring Break".
Avery Claire, I hope you enjoy turning "2" as much as you did turning "1"! I will never forget how much you loved your birthday celebration last year! You somehow knew that it was all about you! I reminded you this week that every time we sang "Happy Birthday" to you, your ending was always "YAY" with hands clapping!! It was absolutely precious!! Nana and Papa are coming tonight to be with you all to celebrate your 2nd birthday! We are so excited!! Love to you all, Nana

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I love all of these pictures. You are such a beautiful little girl. It does not seem like it has been almost 2 years since you were born. You are so smart. You really watch everything and do as you see and I am sure you say what you hear. Looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday.
Love Grandmother Joann

Post a Comment