Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Week of Appointments (and a peek at Bennett)


Yesterday, I visited the endocrinologist. He was very pleased with my numbers and told me to come back after Bennett is born, as long as my glucose levels don't increase over the next few weeks. He told me to start checking my glucose level every other day. The OCD part of me cannot let that happen, but it's a nice thought that I could skip a day!

This chick ended up at the doctor this afternoon. She's had a runny nose/cough off and on since about a week after she started school. We've started using essential oils and have managed to fight it off very well. But yesterday, she went to school without a runny nose and came home nose running, and coughed all night. My oil concoction worked to stop the coughing, but she was starting to do the "fast breathing" that sometimes means we better watch out for pneumonia, so I figured it'd be best to take her in, especially when I found out the asthma expert doctor was in today. 

He said her cough was croup-y, her lungs were clear, and ended up giving her steroids. He also decided she is old enough for an inhaler, so we tried that out tonight. I think our sweet friend/neighbor who happens to be a nurse at our pediatrician's office is going to come give her a lesson tomorrow to make sure we're doing it right, but I made a big deal about how grown-ups (like Papa) use inhalers, so she was very big about it! 


After her appointment, we headed to mine. I was glad she got to be with me so she could see Bennett today, too! Here are our ultrasound pics. It was so good to see him and hear that everything looks great. We got to see Avery Claire every week from weeks 24-38, so ultrasounds became kind of routine. This time, it's a good thing that they aren't necessary, but it was nice to check on her weekly! 

Bennett measures 32 weeks, 4 days (about 3 days ahead) - you can see my actual 32w1d at the top of the pics. He weighs about 4.7 lbs, and has tons of hair. His heart rate was 141, which is pretty normal for him. I always forget to post that. He should gain about half a pound a week from now until he is born. 



That's the back of his head. He has lots of hair like sister did! 



I wish she had printed off more of this picture...you could see his little face between his legs, which made me feel bad because I could tell just how squished he has to be in there! 


Can y'all believe we have 8 weeks or less til this little guy is here?!?!!?! That makes me a little anxious because there's a lot to do in a short time. And I know it'll fly by! 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry that our girl's cough has already returned. Thankful that she gets an inhaler! Praying that makes these allergies better! I know that she will do great with it! Papa can also give her some lessons. I know that Avery Claire was excited to see her baby brother! I just knew that he would have a lot of hair! He is precious! I love seeing his picture! Thankful for good doctor reports! It is so exciting to soon see our sweet baby boys! We are so blessed and very thankful! Love our sweet family!You can come too. You can come too.

Anonymous said...

I did not type the You can come too?

Post a Comment