Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Sick One and Baby Steps


Last night, Avery Claire was coughing and blowing her nose every 5 minutes. She just didn't act like she felt good. When we checked, she had a fever. So, we headed to the doctor this morning. I hated to take us all into that germ-infested place, but I was afraid not to for fear of flu! 


She tested negative for flu, thank God, and seemed to feel much better than she did the night before. Dr. ruled it a cold and sent us home. 

I have a feeling our playtime of choice this week will be doctor's office. 


I posted on social media that this was Bennett's "Wait a minute. You mean I accidentally slept in MY bed for two and a half uninterrupted hours last night?" face. Now, I stayed in the room and slept in the chair and made sure he settled down anytime he started stirring and fighting the swaddle, but he made it! And he made another hour after he ate. Baby steps, people. We're making them. 



And this afternoon, I swaddled him and sat beside him on the floor and HE FELL ASLEEP!! 


So we all settled in for some quiet time while it snowed outside!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that our sweet girl does not have the flu and that she is feeling better! Love Bennett's expression in the pic about his sleeping! Precious picture of mommy and her babies! Love and miss y'all! Nana

Unknown said...

Poor Avery! I hope she wasn't too cranky when she was sick! I'm just glad her condition didn't worsen to an actual flu. By the way, Bennett looks amazingly adorable in those photos. I'm guessing he got his looks from his momma, huh? Haha! Good day! :)

Candace Hudson @ MedCare

Post a Comment