Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow-cation 2015


School was cancelled all day Wednesday because the snow was supposed to move in around 9 am. Dusty ran to Walmart and I ran for coffee with the kids before 9...I got a few minutes to relax with my coffee...


...before my hair appointment.


The snow didn't really start until after 1:00 that afternoon. 


After it had snowed awhile, it was really sticking, and Avery Claire could wait no longer. She and Dusty bundled up and headed out.






My neighbor sent me this picture from her house. 


Right before dark, Dusty and the neighbors pulled took off on the inner tube. I was kind of nervous that someone {Dusty} would get hurt and need to visit the ER on "impassable roads."


Bennett got to try the big boy high chair for the first time last night. He loved it.

Our house after dark.


This morning, I put Avery Claire to work! ;-)


Then we all bundled up to go out for a little bit. 


Bennett thought it was too bright!




So he just snuggled in and went to sleep. 

Sound asleep....



Avery Claire decided she would come in for a bit when I brought him inside. She watched her Daddy work on their snow man from inside. 


But she couldn't take it, so she went back out. 




She was so excited and so proud! 


And then all of her snow dreams came true when we made snow ice cream. 



Just look at this big boy. I cannot believe he is already sitting in the real high chair, eating pears! 


Our snow-cation is over. School is back on schedule tomorrow, which means I better get to bed. The alarm will be going off bright and early! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the beautiful snow angel! Bennett, hope you enjoyed your 1st snow! So happy that our sweet girl got snow cream! The snowman is beautiful! Avery Claire, I know you had fun playing in the snow! Looks like dad did too! Love and miss y'all bunches! Nana

Post a Comment