Sunday, March 15, 2015

Bring on Spring

Avery Claire had a friend's birthday party Saturday. At 10 am. Now, last week, we somehow left the house every day around 6:45 am so that I could be at school for morning duty by 7:30. But making it to a 10 am party was almost impossible. And Dusty had an all day track meet. So it was just the mama  making it all happen. 

This girl absolutely hates to wear jeans. I talked her into trying on a pair of stretchy jeans and told her she could change if she hated them. She walked in my bathroom so proud and said she LOVED those pants! She kept saying how she looked like a 6 year old. She said she wished her Daddy was home to see her wearing them. And she told me she'd had a dream about a girl wearing this kind of fashionable pants. 

If she hadn't helped me feed Bennett, we'd have for sure been late! 


The weather wasn't great all day, but by 5:00 Saturday afternoon, it was dry and warm enough to go out for a few minutes. Bennett wasn't sure what to think. He's only really been out in the snow, and it was so bright, he couldn't even look around. 


I told Avery Claire I think the ol' cozy coupe may need to be retired this year. Her knees are bumping the steering wheel. 


Look at those blue eyes. It's so hard to tell how pretty they are in a picture. 


And today, after church, Avery Claire went with her Daddy to the field house to get ready for tomorrow's track meet. Bennett and I went to Walmart. Then we spent the afternoon outside enjoying the beautiful weather. 


Days like today make me so ready for spring...and even more ready for lazy days at home this summer with my babies!! 

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm so glad Avery Claire likes her jeans. And I am in love with those big blue eyes! Can't wait to see y'all soon!

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, you do look 6 in those fashionable jeans! You are such a sweetie pie! Bennett, Nana loves your blue eyes! Sweet boy, I know that you will love playing outside this summer! I bet sister will even try to teach you to swim! Love and miss y'all! Nana

Post a Comment