Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Happy 7 Months, Bennett!!









- wearing size 2 diapers during the day, size 3 at night


- taking 6 oz every 4 hours or so

- eating food mid-morning and at supper time. There really isn't anything we've found you won't eat. You didn't love the chicken and rice baby food, but you ate it. You probably like green vegetables the least, but you'll eat them. And if they're mixed with something else, you don't bat an eye. 

- love bathtime. You kick and kick and kick, until at least half of the water is gone. 

- are a pretty laid back kid. You are happy and easy most of the time. When you get sleepy, you just usually take a little cat-nap and then you're good to go for a few hours. 

- sleep isn't your strong suit, so it's a good thing you require little of it. You usually get up once at night, and then again around 5 or 6. I'm hopeing that this summer, you'll get a couple more hours of sleep after that 5/6 am wake-up. Hopefully, you'll figure out the sleeping through the night thing at some point, but I'd be lying if I said I don't secretly enjoy those few minutes when it's just me and you snuggled in the chair in the middle of the night. 

- are easy to get to sleep during the day. You'll usually just lay your head on my shoulder and go to sleep. Nighttime is a different story. You will fight sleep like a pro. I always win, but some nights, it's tough!

- do not require a paci like sister did. You have it in the car sometimes, and occasionally you want it to go to sleep, but you usually go to sleep easier without it. You never have it in the bed, and I hope we can keep it that way. 

- wearing mostly 9 month or 6-12 month clothes. 

- love Avery Claire. I'd say she's probably your favorite person. You light up when she comes near you and watch every move she makes. You think everything she does is funny, whether she's trying to make you laugh or not. 

- are getting on your knees and rocking. Crawling is in your near future. You can roll around on your belly and somehow get all over the living room now. We're gonna need a pen for you when you can actually get around fast.

- still don't have any teeth, which is perfectly fine with this mommy. I want to avoid that fussiness as long as possible. The way you gnaw on things leads me to believe you'll have some soon, but I've been thinking that for 3-4 months, so who knows.

- are sitting up. You're still wobbly, so I try to keep you away from hard surfaces in case you fall back. 

- still have pretty blue eyes and the most precious little cotton top I've every seen. Your blonde hair is growing like crazy and is sometimes wild like a little old man's. I can't do a thing with it and I love it. 

- have a nickname at home {Ben-Ben}, which I swore wouldn't happen, because I want you to be called Bennett. I know your friends may shorten it one day, but we only call you that at home because we don't it to stick with anyone else! 

- are so loved, little man. We can't remember life without you, and are so in love with you. God couldn't have picked a more perfect little boy for us. You are growing way too fast, but we are so excited to watch you learn and grow.  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love our sweet and precious baby Bennett! Avery Claire, you are his favorite! Love his happy, easy- going personality! Love y'all, Nana

Post a Comment