Sunday, July 19, 2015

Happy 9 Months, Bennett!

Bennett, we cannot believe you're 9 months old. That's 3/4 of a whole year - how can it go by sooooo fast?


At 9 months, you:

- weigh about 20 lbs, I'd guess. I don't know because we haven't weighed you, but it's a guess.
- love to eat. You take a 6 oz bottle when you wake up, then eat breakfast about an hour or hour and a half later. You eat lunch and then take a 6 oz. bottle around 1:00. You sometimes take a 4-6 oz bottle before supper, and I always offer you a 4 oz bottle before bed. Sometimes you take all of it, sometimes you just take some of it. You tried green beans and liked them! You still have to work on chewing up little bites and not swallowing them!
- ARE SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. I wasn't sure it would ever happen! After our weekend beach trip, during which your sleep was horrible, you came home and have slept through the night every night since. 
- usually take 2 naps and sometimes a quick catnap around 5-6 to help you make it to bedtime. You usually take a good hour to hour and a half nap around 9:30, but your afternoon naps haven't been great (30-40 minutes). That's not gonna cut it at daycare, so you're gonna have to fix that. I haven't complained because I'd rather you sleep all night than take long naps!
- are as "sleep trained" as I think you'll ever be. I always read a book to you in your room and then put you in your bed. For awhile, you went to sleep with no tears at naptime and cried at bedtime. Now, you might cry for a minute at naptime, then you lay down and "talk" and "sing" yourself to sleep. Usually, at bedtime, you lay right down without any tears. You rarely go right to sleep, but you play in your bed for a few minutes before you fall asleep. 
- will finally sit still when I read to you before nap or bedtime. You like to be read to. You love any Elmo book and you like Brown Bear, Brown Bear, just like sister did!
- have to sleep with your monkey cuddler. You do not every want or need a paci. I occasionally give you one, and you either throw it down or chew on it. 
- are into everything. You can crawl so fast and love to get under the table that has all of the lamps so you can try to grab the cords. 
- are such a loving baby, to anyone who holds you. Here's a great example - on the way to the beach, it was just me, you, and Avery Claire for awhile. We stopped to get breakfast and go to the bathroom. Avery Claire was holding you while I washed my hands. You were wiggling and slipping and the McDonalds worker who came into the bathroom asked if she could help. You lunged for her, so she got you. You snuggled right up to her while I quickly dried my hands. I love that you're a snuggle bunny.
- love the water. You get so excited when we turn on the bathwater at night. And you love the pool. You want us to just let you go when we're swimming. 
- have the most beautiful blue eyes and the most precious little two-teeth grin. And your blonde hair - it owns me. It's almost white and is sticking out everywhere after you sleep. 
- LOVE your sister. You light up every time you see her. 
- are standing up and balancing very well. You can walk down the couch holding on. I think you'll be a walker soon. 
- love to be outside. You like for us to push you in the Cozy Coupe and you love to swing. Swinging makes you so sleepy. 
- love to see four-wheelers and golf carts and loud trucks go by when we're outside. 
- are such a happy, easy-going boy. You love to laugh and play. You have brought more joy to our lives than we could ever tell you. I thank God that He sent you to us. We can't remember and can't imagine life without you.  



I had to include some outtakes from your 9 month photo shoot! I'm not sure how I'll get you to be still with the dump truck next month! 








1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 9 Months, sweet Bennett! You are such a sweet blessing to us! We love you bunches! Nana

Post a Comment