Monday, September 12, 2011

Hectic Life = Random Post

I know that the laundry and the dishes and the ironing and the cleaning never have or never will end. And I'm okay with that. But since I've had Avery Claire, I'd really gotten in the habit of leaving school at school, which is exactly how I like it.
However, since I got this new job, I absolutely cannot get caught up. I am planning day-to-day just to keep my head above water, so I spend way more time at home worrying about and working on school. And I still have to keep up with the never-ending laundry, dishes, ironing, and cleaning. Not to mention that I put a lot of it on the backburner until after my little one goes to bed...which is exactly how I like it.
So forgive me if I just can't seem to get a blog post done. And forgive me for the randomness of this one. I know that I will eventually get it somewhat together at schoool {I pray I do, anyway}.

We are glad the rain is gone. And we are loving the cooler, more fall-like temperatures. Here are my loves on Labor Day, watching the rain.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Wouldn't you love to know what they're talking about?

The cooler temperatures caused us to pull out the warmer pj's, which I love!! Oooooh, I could eat her up in those footed pj's!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Surprise face because she heard something outside:
Photobucket

Uncle Larry and Aunt Sheila were in town for a conference, and we had the pleasure of eating dinner with them last week! We enjoyed our time with you two and hope you can come visit us again when you can stay longer!
Photobucket
Thanks for the doggie you brought Avery Claire! She loves it!
Photobucket

We went to Homewood's football game Friday night. It was great to visit with friends. And Papa and Nana met us there, too!! Avery Claire slept most of the way home and then couldn't wait to get in her bed when we got home! Why did we even doubt that she'd do awesome? She always does!
Photobucket

Us girls went on a quick shopping trip Saturday. Avery Claire had a little work to get done while we shopped {really I was just entertaining her to keep her in the cart}.

Excuse the paci, please. I could do a whole post on that one! Maybe I will sometime.
Photobucket

I wish I'd gotten this on video...I asked her to dance and she busted a move.
Photobucket
Photobucket

My heart melts every single time she pretends with her babies. Even when her poor baby looks like its legs are broken.
Photobucket

And this is her time out spot. Don't let that look fool you. She's knows it's a bad thing and cries when she has to go to time out. I took this picture after I threatened to put her in time out for standing up in her chair. She took off and put herself there and then grinned. Not sure if this is the appropriate reaction to that threat...
Photobucket
Excuse that paci. Uncle Matt always wants to know why she has a paci. She knows there are extra in a box under the sink. She sometimes goes there to find one.

Last week, I was feeding Avery Claire something with a spoon. She took the spoon from me and proceeded to feed herself. That's not something we've worked on. I guess I wanted to avoid the mess and that was just a little bit of "baby" I was hanging on to. I am having a hard time even thinking about 18 months. Guess she learned this big girl behavior at daycare. It is kind of nice to be able to sit her in her chair and let her have at it while I get something else done.
Photobucket
We just got the high chair back from Nana's house. It's working out pretty well in the floor. Maybe we'll move it to an actual chair at some point. Or maybe we won't.

Photobucket
As I type this, Avery Claire is in the corner working on a nasty diaper. She hides to do it {and has for awhile}. I know potty training is in our future, but that's another "baby" thing I'm not ready to let go.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I hope everything gets back to normal soon! Me, Noah, and homework aren't fairing very well either (if it helps your feelings any). I feel like you said, barely keeping my head out of water!!! Stresses me out!!!! I love the upside down paci in AC's mouth! Too funny....at least she knows when she's done wrong, right?? ;)
P.S. she totally looks like you in the pic of her busting a move!!!!

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, you are growing up! It is so hard to believe that you will soon be 18 months old!
We enjoyed our trip to Birmingham to see you all! Avery Claire was a perfect angel at the game! Nana & Papa loved our time with our sweet girl!
I love all the precious pictures! Love you all, Nana

Anonymous said...

It seems only yesterday Avery Claire was born. How time flies. Enjoy every minute with her for she is so smart and so pretty . Love Joyce

Rosie said...

Girl...don't you worry about your house. You are a busy woman! I feel your pain though b/c I'm mostly a single mom and it is SO hard finding time to do it all. At least you have a happy kid when you go in public. That's Gavin's time where he likes to show me he can scream as loud as possible.
Can I just say how jealous I am of the rain and cool weather ya'll have? It's 107 here today.
And how in the world did you train her on time out like that? Maybe I need to get back into blogging just for parenting tips! lol. Speaking of..I just read a good one on getting rid of the binky if you want to know it.

Post a Comment