Monday, September 5, 2011

Lately

This long weekend has been wonderful for our family! We have spent lots of quality time together. We have caught up on the dirty laundry {okay...almost}. We have gotten more organized and even done some cleaning! I have gotten a lot done for school so that maybe next week I won't feel like I'm drowning in paperwork, lesson planning, and simply trying to figure out what I'm doing from minute to minute. And, I've caught up with blogging. Here's what our past few weeks have looked like...





Hotel Life
One of my favorite parts of each day - seeing my girl come prancing off the elevator with her Daddy.
Photobucket

And prancing right past me down the hall...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Avery Claire made herself right at home.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Starting School


We took pictures at the Microtel to commemorate our first day of school/daycare 2011. One was taken in the morning and one was taken right before bathtime that night. Bet you can't tell the difference! :-)
Photobucket
Love my Instagram app, by the way...
Photobucket

We spent one more weekend in Clay County before moving in our house that Sunday. Thanks for all of your help, family, that day!!! I know you were all worn out!
Photobucket

Moving In/Getting Settled {and trying on things we discover - like fall shoes}
I want you to pay attention to the mess, for once, because I want you to see how far we've come when I show you updated house pictures soon.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Decorating & Organizing

Mema and Nana came last weekend to help us. We got a lot done and our house began to look like our home!! Thanks so much for your help, Nana and Mema!
Photobucket
Photobucket







We celebrated Mema's birthday. We are sorry that we didn't get a post done for your birthday, Mema. We hope you had a great day and we enjoyed getting to celebrate with you. We're sorry you had to work so hard for your birthday!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Gettin' Crafty

I did this the last week of summer, and it's still not finished. I still need to wrap the rest of the wreath, but I thought it turned out cute. I made the fabric flowers, which don't look great, but they'll do for my first try.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



College Football begins
We were anxious for college football season to begin this year. We watched the Bama game Saturday. Avery Claire played and loved throwing her arms up when she heard "Touchdown!"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Excuse the hair.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
She wore this last year as a dress!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday night, we went to Outback and our big girl sat in a booster seat for the first time. She did quite well and even stayed put!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Any suggestions for removing ink? I've soaked it, scrubbed it, washed it, and there are still faint purple lines.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Today, we are playing and trying to clean out the garage. Doesn't she look so grown up with her rolled up jeans?!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all have definitely come a long way the last three weeks. Brooke, I am so happy that you are feeling like you are getting more organized and settled into your new home and classroom! I love your wreath! Avery Claire looks so grown up in these pictures! She is adorable!! Loving those cute jeans and Bama outfit! We miss our Davis family! Love to you all!! Nana
Roll Tide Roll!

Brandi said...

Wow!! Good job on the wreath!!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you finally had time to do a blog. I have missed seeing what is going on in your life. I know you have been very busy, but I miss seeing how busy Avery Claire is and what she is doing. She is really growing and is getting too grown up to be 17 months. I love all of the pictures. I love the one where she got off the elevator like a grown person. Avery Claire, you are growing up too fast.
Love Grandmother Joann Hope to see you before too long.

Mrs. Kelly Rooks said...

For ink stains, spray it good with aqua net hairspray. I have done it several times, and it does work. I have to say I love Mema's hair! Love the new place! Are the floors concrete? Hope things start to settle down soon! I know yall have had one crazy summer/beginning of school! AC is growing like a weed and is as cute as always! =)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the ink stain! It is a memory that will always be there after she is grown out of the "what else can I write on" stage. Alex has learned to write her name so well that I noticed her name was written on the back seat of my car. :-/ Love your house! And if you have time, make me a wreath! I'll buy one from you! ROLL TIDE! Love you all! Rana

Post a Comment