Friday, September 23, 2011

When Dusty and I got up this morning, we both commented on how awful we slept...because Avery Claire did not sleep well last night. She never stood up and she never cried, but she was awake a lot, just talking and mumbling and jabbering. And if you have or have ever had a small child, you know it's never good to disturb them during the middle of the night if they aren't crying!

So, when I got Avery Claire up to get ready for school, she was burning up. Poor baby had a fever and we didn't even know it! So Mommy stayed home with her today.

I let her take a quick nap this morning. I woke her up after about 30 minutes. I know that seems mean to wake her up. If you have or have ever had small a small child, you know that if she takes a long nap early, it's going to be harder to get her to take one later. And if she doesn't take one later, she's going to be sleepy early. And if she's goes to sleep early, she is going to be up really early! And she really hadn't seemed to feel that bad prior to her first nap - she was just sleepy because she didn't sleep good last night. Needless to say, she did not want to get up...especially because she got to nap on Mommy's pillow!
Photobucket
Photobucket

As I type, she is taking a good nap. She still had a fever before her nap, but I've been rotation Tylenol and Motrin and she seemed to feel pretty good before nap time. I HATE that my baby is sick, but I've enjoyed getting to be home with her today. The house is clean, the sheets are clean, the clothes are washed/washing, and I'm about to iron for next week. Yep, I'm getting ahead. Unheard of in our house!! Maybe I can get caught up on school work this weekend, too! Say a quick prayer that our girl feels 100% better asap!
Every time she gets sick, we are reminded of this
time last year...and we're thankful that she's not in this pitiful shape!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I hope sweet Avery Claire feels better quick!!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot stand for our sweet Avery Claire to be sick! Brooke, I know that you enjoyed being with her all day! I wish I could be there, too! Get well soon precious girl! Nana loves you so very much!!

Post a Comment