Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

It's looked a lot like Christmas around here for a couple of weeks, but you know I haven't had time to blog about it.



We bought, put up, and decorated the tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving. This was our girl this year.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is our girl last year. Oh, that sweet baby face!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The night we "trimmed the tree" was the same night she fell asleep twice while I held her and cooked dinner. I was a bit worried...she was not behaving like my child. She was waaaay behind on sleep and was over it the next day.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We tried to get her ready to meet Santa. She tells us "I want car. I want ball."
Photobucket

She met the big guy the weekend after Thanksgiving. Thanks to the little boy who cried in front of her. She was so excited until she realized that she maybe should be unsure. Again, thanks to the little boy who cried in front of her.



She didn't cry, but she didn't want to sit with Santa.



We went to see Santa again last weekend. She didn't cry. She said she didn't want to sit in Santa's lap. She was okay with sitting on the stool in front of Santa. She wouldn't smile, though.
Photobucket
Dusty pointed out what a big guy Santa was...

Our elf is back. This year, he has a name - meet Jack. We tried out several names and found one Avery Claire could say. Jack made his appearance on December 1st.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
You never know where you'll find that Jack! Avery Claire always spots him quickly! I think Dusty has taken to hiding Jack where I can't find him. Avery Claire knows to look up high. We can't touch Jack, so he is smart enough to know to park himself up high!!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire,
It is amazing how much you have grown and changed in one year! Last year, you looked like your daddy and this year you look more like your mommy. As always you are absolutely gorgeous!
I love your pretty Christmas tree! I know that you are enjoying hunting Jack every morning!
I love you sweet girl! Miss you bunches! Nana

Post a Comment