Sunday, December 4, 2011

20 Months {and 9 days}

Avery Claire, at 20 months {and 9 days}, you:


- are talking up a storm! You say something new at least once a day. I can't even keep up with you anymore. You favorite things to say are "Cry!" and "I want _____!" Today, we were at two different stores and you were holding a toy {pom pom} and M&M's at the other, and both times you said "I buy" when we got to the register. I always tell you we have to buy somthing before we can open it. I guess you pay closer attention than I even realize. I love it when I ask you something or tell you something and you say "Mkay."



- have become so affectionate lately! You want us to cry just so you can comfort us. Too funny!



- think it is so funny when your daddy "cries." You just cover your mouth with your hands and laugh. We tell you to go to timeout if you whine and cry for no reason, so you ask us to cry so you can take us to time out.



- are getting at least 2 of your two year molars. Those things are stinkers to cut. You are constantly chewing on your fingers. We even pulled out Sophie the giraffe and let you gnaw on her a bit.



- love to go! You are always ready to go, even if it's just to Walmart! You get your shoes and start telling Daddy "byyeee."



- are so friendly. Really. I love it.



- love a juice box and drinking from a real cup with a straw. You think you're grown. We try to let you be as independent as we can. Sometimes it results in a mess...



- saw Santa. Twice. The first time, the little boy in front of you cried and didn't want to see him. I think that threw you off. You gave him five, and you didn't cry, but you didn't want to sit with him. We've been talking it up and you have been practicing telling him "I want car. I want baby doll." And you've come up with "I want ball." When it was your turn, you were ready. We walked up to Santa and you were unsure. You didn't want to sit with him, but you sat on the stool in front of him so we could at least get a picture.



- love a prize - a.k.a - M&Ms. We had a particularly hard, cranky day last Monday. So we started talking up a prize if you didn't act ugly. You've gotten a prize every night since then. Let's blame that night on teething and the fact that you were tired and behind on sleep from Thanksgiving traveling.



- have become a little shy as you get older. It takes you a few minutes to warm up to a new crowd. But once you're warmed up, you want to be the center of attention. You love it when all eyes are on you!



- love to write. We hear "I wite" about 10 times a day. You prefer a real pen and know how to get the top off. Most of the time, you're satisfied with a crayon or a Color Magic marker. By the way, whoever invented those was a genius!



- have done really well with giving up your paci except at bedtime. I guess that means we could probably give it up altogether. Maybe soon. Or maybe not yet. You know that when you get up, you have to hand them over. And in the car, I will tell you you can have it if you close your eyes. You will squeeze your eyes shut, but when you don't go to sleep, you will hand it to me.

- can pitch a fit. The more tired you get, the more in danger we are. You are so strong-willed. And know exactly what you want. It's a dangerous combination.



- love trains, planes, trucks, baby dolls, shoes, and jewelry. I'd say you're a well-rounded girl!



- are the light of our lives. You keep life interesting, fun, entertaining, challenging, and eventful. I am so proud of the little girl you're becoming. Mommy and Daddy love you so very much, our sweet girl! We are so glad God blessed us with you!



{For the record, I was only one day late taking these pictures. It was very late on the 26th when I realized I hadn't taken pictures, and they aren't great, but we got them in!}



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, you are a doll!! So funny... you just make me smile. Had so much fun with you this past weekend. Love you so much, Mema

Anonymous said...

Happy 20 months sweet Avery Claire! I love you so very much! You are the light in all our lives! I adore you! What a wonderful time we had this weekend! You are so much fun! I love listening to you talk, talk, talk! I miss you all! Nana
I love it when you look at me and say "Write?" Of course, I want to write with you sweet girl!

Post a Comment