Monday, June 25, 2012

Look Who's Back!!

Ha! I just realized you probably thought I was talking about me/us!
10-14 days turned into almost 4 weeks...but I'm glad to have this ol' girl back in time for our beach trip! I know I'm so far behind on blogging. I haven't even done a Father's Day post. Maybe I'll do something late for the special men in our lives!


Avery Claire and I went to Clay County to visit for a few days last week. We did a lot of playing outside {and Mommy spent a little time pool side!}. This girl was excited for days about going to visit. I kept telling her we'd go Monday and she could not wait!! Lately, she is all about doing something "a-day" {today}!!!! Not "a-mara" {tomorrow}!

We got to spend time with Mattie and Abby and we enjoyed it so much! I wish we could get these girls together all.of.the.time! It was fun watching our girls play together!

 Avery Claire loves visiting, but she was glad to be back in her bed. She does NOT sleep very well away from home! It's taken us a few days, but she's finally going to bed easily again! We've been doing lots of playing and trying to stay cool. It's hard with a girl who wants to be outside 99% of the time.


I've been trying to get a few craft projects done. I'll show you a couple more soon when they're complete!
We pulled out Avery Claire's pj shorts last night and she LOVES them! She usually wears pants because she won't stay covered up all night. She asks to wear shorts every day and thought it was so awesome that her pajamas were shorts! She kept looking down at them. And, of course, she had to wear them again tonight.
She learned to ride her trike at Nana's last week and finally got the hang of her slightly bigger one today. She's been riding all day. I persuaded her to bring it inside because the 100 degree heat was killing me - she doesn't mind it a bit. 
Photobucket 
Running because I asked her if I could get a picture of her pj's
Photobucket 
We're working on potty training sporadically. We haven't been at all consistent. I keep saying "after the beach." Guess I'll have to get serious soon, huh?
Photobucket 
Avery Claire has been biting/chewing her nails lately. She acts like she has a hang nail, but she can't have them that often. She'll work on it for a few minutes and then say "I GOT IT, MAMA!!" And she's so proud of herself!
Photobucket
We're leaving for the beach at the end of the week...Avery Claire keeps saying we're going "amara." We've told her the beach won't be open for us until Thursday, so she's okay with that. But she is so excited that we're all going and staying together!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved having our Davis girls with us last week!! We had so much fun! We missed Dusty being here with you and Avery Claire! Avery Claire is growing up so fast! When she took off riding her bike after a little push, I loved seeing her beautiful surprised face and hearing her precious excited voice! "Watch me, Watch me!"
Avery Claire, you are such a blessing to us!! We are so looking forward to our beach trip!!
Brooke, I love your new "D"!
Love to you all!! Nana

Post a Comment