Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 2 Begins

Today, school began "for real." Avery Claire started week 2 of her school. Dusty had a football staff meeting at 6:30 and got home at 8:00 tonight. I had morning duty at 7:30. That meant we had to leave by 7:00. We left by 7:05 cut it close.
 Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket 

Today was a great day for me. I'm amazed at the difference in being in the library and being in the classroom. There is so much to do in the library - seriously, I'm amazed at all there is to do. But...it's so different from having a gazillion things to do while having 20 kids in the room with you all day and only 30 minutes of free time.

Dusty came home at 8:00 tonight {just in case you missed that time earlier}, worn out after practice.

Avery Claire has adjusted to nap time very well. She had to have her back patted a couple of times while she fell asleep last week. One day I asked her if somebody had to pat her back when she went to sleep. She said, "Ummmm. No. She patted my hiney." We encouraged her to be a big girl and go to sleep like she does at home, and she has. I know poor Ms. Laura needs nap time!!

And.....drum roll...... after a week at school, Avery Claire is almost potty-trained. I'll save that info for its own post.

Although it's a little too much like real school, I do love getting this daily report home from Ms. Laura.

Photobucket 

And there is nothing like talking with Avery Claire about her day after school. Today, she had a painting of her hand she'd done at school. {And blue paint on her pencil shirt.} And when I asked her if Ms. Laura read her a story, she told me it was about trees and grass and water. Photobucket

If every day goes as well as today, we're going to have a great school year! And a very tired Daddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful that our precious Avery Claire is adjusting to her new school so well! Avery Claire, we are so proud of you! You are such a big girl! Yay! You are doing great with the potty training!! Oh how we love you sweet girl and miss you so very much!!
Brooke, we are also grateful for your new library job and we know that Dusty's long days are going to pay off in the end! We are so happy for your blessed family!! We love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like school, Avery Claire!! I can't wait to hear all the things you learn. Sure hope daddy's schedule gets some better!! I know you are going to love going to the football games this fall, you were so sweet running on the field to hug your daddy!! Love all of you!!! Mema

Post a Comment