Sunday, August 26, 2012

Where did the weekend go?

We survived the first real week of school and had a nice, semi-relaxing weekend, but I am not ready to see it go!
This is what my stinker pot has looked like most afternoons/evenings. She starts asking for her pillow pretty early, so I know when she's getting sleepy. She is taking great naps at school, but they only get 2 hours. So if it takes her a few minutes to get to sleep, she doesn't get her full 2 hours. And at home, she usually takes 2.5-3 hour naps.
She certainly won't fall asleep before I put her to bed, but she loves to "rest" on her pillow.
 Photobucket
Friday, we closed on our lot/construction loan and then spent a little time at SportsFest at the football field. Saturday morning, we went to a shower for my principal's daughter. We all took long naps Saturday afternoon and then we had surprise visitors! We were so glad the Smith's stopped by to visit! Come back soon when you can stay and go eat with us!PhotobucketPhotobucket

Last night, we went over to one of the coach's house so the wives and kids could get acquainted. You gotta have a little wive's club when your husbands are coaches. You don't want to just sit randomly by yourself in the stands at a game. You need reinforcements.

We got home way late and Avery Claire only slept about 15 minutes past her usual 6:30.

She slept a little over 2 hours at naptime, but was still behind on sleep.

We had a lazy afternoona and watched a lot of Max and Ruby. We haven't totally left Little Bill behind, but she does have a new favorite.

This was her right before she went to bed/sleep at 7:40 tonight. Can you say cranky and sleepy?!
Photobucket 
The clothes are ironed for next week, most of the dirty clothes are clean and put away. The dishwasher is running and I'm headed to bed!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so proud of you keeping up your blogging! I am so far behind and don't know if I'll ever get caught up. I told Justin I was going to have to take a day just to catch up on blogging and General Hospital, ha! Congrats on the house!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about your new house and I know all of you are so excited too. I am so glad that Avery Claire loves her new school and that you and Dusty love your new jobs. We all prayed about your jobs last year and this year and God has answered our prayers. Love to all of you and God bless. Grandmother Joann

Anonymous said...

Sounds like y'all are getting in the routine, Avery Claire can't stay out too late on Sat. night. lol! Avery Claire, so happy you got to see Chambless!! I know you will love the ballgame Friday night... GO FALCONS!!!Love you so much sweet girl, hope you have a great week at school.

Anonymous said...

I agree! Weekends go by entirely too fast! I am happy that you all are getting to meet all the Falcon families! I know that our sweet girl will make fast friends! Yay, Avery Claire, you got to play with Chambless! Nana will have to be introduced to "Max and Ruby". I love you all soooo much!!

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, Nana loves that sweet picture of you resting on the rug all snugggled up to your pillow and covered up with your blanket! So precious!! Makes me think of my sweet babies! Seems like yesterday! Sweet memories! Love you much! Nana

Post a Comment