Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Blessed and Thankful

These two, y'all....words cannot come close to telling you how thankful I am for them. 

When I married Dusty almost eight and a half years ago, I was so excited that we were going to get to wake up in the same bed, go to sleep in the same bed, and that I was going to get to just do life with him. I never hesitated about living three hours away from our families because we had one another. I had no preconceived notions that marriage would be a piece of cake, but we'd been together so long that I thought we had most of it figured out. I thought I knew what it would mean to be a coach's wife. 

Other than the fact that he will forever simply put the roll of toilet paper on top of the empty one and I will forever leave the water running the entire time I brush my teeth, we adjusted to the living together thing so easily. And I am, to this day, so thankful that he's the one I get to go to bed with and wake up to every morning. But, wow..... Our eight and a half years have been filled with address changes, job changes, working to add to our degrees, and most importantly, adding the cutest, sweetest, liveliest little girl to our family. I have been reminded over the last six months exactly why I want to do life with him. He loves our little girl like no other man ever will.  He makes me laugh. He reminds me sometimes daily that the little things that stress me out are just that-little things. We have learned a lot about ourselves and I could not be more sure that as long, as we have one another and our baby girl, we are beyond blessed and have all we'll ever need, no matter where we live or what job we have. He makes me so very proud to be his wife. 


And this girl.... I tell her that God couldn't have sent us a more perfect little girl. She amazes me every day with how precious, sweet, and kind-hearted she is. She loves to give compliments and works so hard to have good manners and be a good listener. She is strong-willed and becoming so independent. She loves to sit in the rocking chair at night and "talk about our fami-wy", (which means she wants us to list every person we can think of and tell her their last names). There is nothing sweeter than to hear her say "you're my best fwend!" 

She loves books and babies and parties and couldn't be a more girly-girl. If I had special-ordered a child, she is exactly what I'd have asked for.
I am so proud of the "big girl" she is becoming and so thankful that I get to be her mommy.

We are beyond blessed with supportive, precious family who will never know how grateful we are for them. I thank God every night I can lay in my bed and take a deep breath knowing that we are all safe and healthy. I am such a blessed girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Words can't express what it means to a mom to know that her babies are happy, healthy, and loved! We are so blessed and I am so very appreciative and thankful! I love my precious family! Nana (I hope and pray that someday y'all move one more time-- closer to us!)

Brandi said...

Now I'm teary eyed!!

Post a Comment