Thursday, December 5, 2013

Jack's Back (and other randoms)

Jack is back! He arrived December 1 with a nativity scene for Avery Claire! I was worried he made a mistake bringing a gift on his first visit because she wondered what he might bring the next day, but she hasn't mentioned it again! 

I am so glad he brought her this nativity set. She absolutely loves it! She loves to talk about how baby Jesus was in Mary's belly and then he was born. And she says that Mary and 
Josep" are his mommy and Daddy. She was playing with it the other night and we heard her say "There is no room for you at the inn!"


Here's her other seasonal love. She literally drags him all over. I just told Dusty I really wished he could find a spot and stick to it because I've jumped out of my skin several times when it was kind of dark in a room because he is the size of a kid! 

One day, she had the song on her nativity set going, Santa singing, and a couple of other tiny objects on the shelf and told me they were having a wedding. 


Mr. Jack is such a smart man. He left a note and told Avery Claire to chew her gummies without whining and arguing about it. I know you might wonder who has to beg a kid to eat gummies. But if you know her and us, you know she's had major consitpation issues and the fiber gummies seem to help soooo much. And trust me, they are not as tasty as those Sponge Bob and Curious George gummies she and Dusty love at our house. They are very chewy and not so yummy. But Jack's encouragement has helped us out a lot this week in thet gummy department. 


Jack had to get creative fast upon one late night return. 


And tonight, this girl was out like a light at 7:30. I think the cold/cough + not so great sleep over the last couple of nights has us all worn down. And I'm not just talking about her. I think the steroid shot I finally got today has already helped me tremendously. If only I could sleep after getting those things, I'd be in great shape!


He is really such a great Daddy. He does so much that I know other Daddies don't do willingly. 
I have to share this because I don't want to forget any of Avery Claire's sassy comments. Dusty took her to gymnastics last week and I stayed home. You'll need a little back story. 
Keep in mind, these were the first 2 hours I have had alone at my house in MONTHS. And if you're a mama of little people (or ever have been) you know how glorious two hours at home can be, and how amazing it is at the mad dash you can make to get a lot done. 
Now he has taken her before, but it was because I had open house or a meeting at school. This was just so I could stay home and get a few things accomplished. And she is in a stage where she wants me to do everything - bath, brush teeth, put her in bed, everything. So I tell her that Daddies want turns to do that stuff, too, and she's good with that. 
On the way home from gym, she asked him if he was going to give her a bath. After he replied that he didn't know, she responded in her matter-of-fact, sassy way, "Well, I hope Mama does 'cause I don't want you to have to do everything!"






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Jack and Santa! Thanks for entertaining our sweet girl! I am glad that Avery Claire got a Nativity set. I love hearing her tell about the birth of Baby Jesus! So sweet! We are thankful that our sweetie has such wonderful parents! We love y'all! Nana & Papa

Post a Comment