Saturday, December 14, 2013

Not My Week


To add to my "Mom of the Year" status, Monday night, we headed to gymnastics. After we'd ordered, I realized I'd left my wallet on the kitchen counter. Gym is about 20 minutes from home, so we didn't have time to go back and get it. Dusty offered to bring it, but we really didn't have time for that either. Luckily, I was meeting someone to give her something she'd bought off of Bid Wars (that's another story for another day). So while we waited, sweet Avery Claire scavenged for money. She kept saying "Look. I found enough!!"

We did get supper. And a donut for breakfast the next morning. 


Wednesday, Kate, Chambless, and Lorie were meeting us for dinner. I needed to run in WalMart for fabric glue. As I turned, this is what happened. Thank God I was by myself. 
She was totaled. I'm driving a rented Corolla. 

I'm thankful we'd made plans with sweet friends. I needed them that night!


Friday, I went on a shopping trip with 39 of the students from my school. They were each given money to shop with. Seeing those sweet babies faces as they got to buy items from their wish list was priceless. And certainly put a silly car into perspective. 

And if I needed things put more into perspective, this did it. 









1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post brought yet again-tears! Brooke, I am so thankful that you were not injured! I hate seeing this car and thinking about what could have happened! Thank you, Jesus for protecting my baby girl! It does put things in perspective! We often worry about things that are really not important! My family-my greatest treasures! Love y'all much! Mom

Post a Comment