Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thanks, Mom, for the LetDown

A couple of weeks ago, Avery Claire brought a birthday invitation home to Ryan's (from her class) birthday party. It was at Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday and I cannot tell you how excited she was about it. She also got an invite to Chambless's party on Sunday.
Saturday arrived and she was ecstatic. I had a hair appt, so she and her Daddy went to the mall that morning to shop a little and she saw Santa. When I say "saw Santa," I mean that she sat.in.his.lap. If I had been there, I can bet you a large amount of money she would not have ventured close to the big guy. 

Or little guy. Whatever. Santa had gastric bypass and lost some weight since last year. 

Anyway, I got home from my hair appt around 12. Avery Claire and Dusty were on their way home so we could get to the party by 2. And then I glanced at the invite that was on the fridge. And I realized the party was at 10 am. Yep. We missed it. If you've never had to break it to your 3 year old that you caused her to miss her friend's party, at Chuck E. Cheese, no less, then I'm jealous of you. Her face fell when I broke the news and I started making promises. 
Needless to say, we headed to Chuck E. Cheese pretty quickly. Luckily, Ryan was, by some small miracle, still there. So she got to play with him for a bit and all was well. Thank goodness. 





And she was worn out from all the missed party fun.




And we made sure we were at Chambless's party right on time. Even in the pouring rain after church. 










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun times! Our girl loves a party! She is already planning her #4 party coming up in March! I am excited about it too! Love seeing my sweetie have fun! Love y'all! Nana

Anonymous said...

After many trips to see Santa, our sweet girl never would sit with Santa. Dusty takes her to the mall and used some kind of magic or bribery and gets Avery Claire to sit in Santa's lap! Dusty said that Santa waved to Avery Claire while she was waiting in line. I guess that was the trick! I never would have believed it! Glad we have a picture! Good job, Daddy! Love y'all!

Post a Comment