Thursday, January 23, 2014

Croup

I noticed Avery Claire cough a few times during the movie Sunday and by the time we went to bed we knew we were in for a long night. And we were right. She coughed. all. night. long. Keep in mind that she we do daily breathing treatments of Pulmicort to prevent this. And we've done well so far this fall and winter - none of our coughs and colds have turned into pneumonia - and we hope it stays that way. 
So when she started running a fever early Monday morning, we knew this was more than her normal cough. We were off Monday, so we headed to the doctor that morning. 

Poor girl. She never touched that waffle. If you know her, you know it takes a lot to keep her from talking and playing. She just didn't feel good. 


Dr. Allen teaches classes at UAH on asthma and respiratory problems and he did an xray to rule out pneumonia and said she had croup. He gave her a steroid and told us to keep doing albuterol every 4 hours to make sure it didn't develop into pneumonia. 

Very little sleep Sunday night meant a tired girl. 


Dusty and Avery Claire stayed home again Tuesday so she could recuperate a little more. Needless to say, after two doses of steroids every day and albuterol 3 times a day, Avery Claire has lots of energy and we're all on the cranky side. But (fingers crossed), we have been sleeping better for the past couple of nights!

This was Sunday, but I have to document her latest outfit of choice. One night last week, I had a sweatshirt on over a t-shirt, as I've done 1,000 times before. She decided that's what she'd sleep in that night and every night since. I think she really does it so she can take the sweatshirt off and run around in the short sleeve shirt. 


Again with the sweatshirt and t-shirt. And she had to have a band on her head after I wore one while I washed my face. I love that she wants to be like her Mommy...makes me very cautious of what I do and say. And very cautious about what I wear!!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful that our sweet girl is feeling better! It is difficult to live so far away from y'all! I wanted to come see about my sweetie! I had a few nights with little sleep myself! I hate for her to be sick! It is so sweet that she likes to imitate her beautiful mommy! Looks like she even let you polish her nails. Stay well sweetie! I love y'all! Nana

Post a Comment