Monday, January 20, 2014

Lazy and Frozen

We had a lovely weekend!! We played a little living room, get the ball in the cup, mini golf Friday night. 

Guess who won? She may or may not have dropped the ball right in front of the cup and hit it repeatedly until she got it in the cup.


We love an early night in our pjs and slippers!


Saturday, we went to get haircuts for Dusty and Avery Claire. We had lunch at our favorite restaurant in town, "Mexico," as Avery Claire refers to it (otherwise known as El Patron).

She spent some time taking pictures that afternoon, and showing me a blank viewfinder and saying "Look at _________, Mama!"



I tried to convince her to take a nap. 


I was almost successful. Can you spot the one person who needed no convincing to take an afternoon nap?


Her eyes popped open and she requested popcorn. Eating is the best way to get yourself wide awake. 


She was ready for bed last night, though. She was out by 8:30, which meant her Daddy and I squeezed in three episodes of The Walking Dead. We just started and finished season 1. The best phrase to describe that show: like a train wreck you can't look away from. The best word to describe that show: disturbing. (to the very core).


Today, I finally took her to see frozen. We got there a few minutes late so we could miss most if the previews. Y'all. Did you know that the previews for a kids' Disney movie lasted 35 minutes? Needless to say, about 15 minutes into the movie, Avery Claire was ready to go. I convinced her to stay a little longer. I thought she might fall asleep so I could at least finish the movie. 
She stayed wide awake and actually made it til the end! She loved it, and I quite enjoyed it myself. I think I needed a wholesome Disney movie after watching the zombies curled up in a tight ball for the last few nights.

She came straight home and got her Anna doll and told her Daddy that the movie was about Elsa and Anna. And somebody got died. I told her they got frozen. Her response "well, yeah, but they got died too."
She did eventually tell him about other happier parts of the movie.












1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, you are #1!! Maybe you will be the 1st female golfer in the family! Thankful that y'all had a nice relaxing weekend together! I miss y'all much! Sending you all lots of love! Nana

Post a Comment