Thursday, April 30, 2015

Spring Sickies

Bennett slept great again last night, until around 4. He's had a little cough this weekend, but that's pretty much been our winter. Runny nose...cough...runny nose...cough.

When we got to school Tuesday, there was a note next to the sign-in sheet that said they'd had a confirmed case of RSV in his class. That alarmed me a little, considering his cough. 

I got a call from his school around 2:20, saying his cough was awful, he wouldn't eat his baby food, and they just wanted me to know. So, I went ahead and made an appointment to take him. 

Can you see how bad he felt? Dr. Colvard said he was very surprised when his RSV test came back negative. He said it very well could be that we tested too early to get a positive result and that we were going to treat it like RSV.



So Bennett got his first breathing treatment Tuesday night. 


Attached to me is pretty much where he's wanted to be. He has certainly not been his usual easy, happy self. I'll spare you the pictures that I've sent Dusty of his spit/throw up. He couldn't keep anything down. I finally called and the nurse told me to mix formula and pedialyte. I know it sounds nasty, but he didn't seem to care and it helped him keep his formula down much better. 


I said "sent Dusty pictures" because he's out of town during all of this sickness. He's been at the state track meet in Gulf Shores. Watching his track boys win state championships. At the beach. 


We'd really thought about taking the kids. It's a good thing we didn't follow through. That would've been a rough time. 


I got a call Wednesday morning, while I was already home with Bennett, that Avery Claire was sick. She'd been in the bathroom all morning. So, we went to get her. 


As I look back at our pictures, it appears there was a lot of sleeping. That is so far from the truth.




We did manage a few minutes outside here and there. For my sanity. 








1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that our sweet babies have been sick! I remember how my babies always clung to their mommy when they didn't feel good! I know how exhausting it is for everyone when they can't rest well. Thankful that they are much better! Hurry up summer! Love you all, Nana

Post a Comment