Friday, July 1, 2011

Shopping Cart Phobia

Since I've had a child, I've developed a more keen sense of germs. It's not that I was a dirty person before, but you really become aware of nastiness when you start to worry about your wee one catching a bug. 'Cause that's NO fun!
When Avery Claire was big enough to sit up, we pulled out the shopping cart/high chair cover and put her in the buggy {or the high chair}. It completely covers the part of the cart that she touches, so I've always felt pretty safe from germs. And I've panicked the couple of times I realized I'd left it in Dusty's truck. And I really panicked the time I realized I'd left the cart cover in the cart, in the parking lot. Hence the reason for a new cover.
Photobucket
Anyway....I realize Avery Claire isn't a baby anymore, and it would probably be okay to give up the cart cover. But I can't. First of all, it's really beneficial in the restaurant high chairs because it somehow stops her from getting her legs out and trying to stand up. Second of all, I don't want to touch those germy shopping carts, and I certainly don't want her to touch them. Since I've become a more germ-conscious mama, I've seen what kids wipe on the handles of those carts. It's not anything I want to touch. So, if you see us and think my girl is too big for the cart cover, think again! And it wouldn't be as comfy to take a quick nap in the buggy without it, right?
Photobucket

{Please note the shorts, the shirt, and the bucket that she had to hold as we drove around Target.}

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Don't worry Brooke, I still make Jonah sit in his and he is 4! I ask him when we get out of the van if he wants to walk or ride. If his answer is ride, then I get the cover!. If he wants to walk, then gets in the store and changes his mind.....well I'm a BAD mama, cause I won't let him get in the cart without it!! BEST thing EVER invented! I am actually cringing at the thought of him starting pre-school this fall and I have to got to Wal-Mart and not get to use the thing! I don't like the idea of my hands touching the nasty cart, either! I hear they make one that you can velcro on the handle for "mamas". You bet your money Brandi Amason will have one of them, if there is indeed such a thing :)

Rosie said...

Your last comment made me laugh. She's got "the grip!"
I'm right there with you on the germ phobia now. However, our cart cover never fits right. It's an Eddie Bauer one and it's a pain. Luckily, everywhere I go, there's wipes, so I use them before letting my little guy even get close to the cart!

Mrs. Kelly Rooks said...

I always always always use my shopping cart cover! My has lasted with all three too! Unfortunately the girls had to use Koop's with sports stuff on it!

Carly said...

I'm going to use our cart cover as long as possible! I love the fact that it has spots on it to hook toys so during a meal they don't continuously drop their toys!

Unknown said...

Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and yes you got it. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks.
regards
Bauer Chiropractic

Post a Comment