Thursday, July 7, 2011

Weekend Festivities

I really hope when we get packed and settled {somewhere} that I will have more time to blog. I feel like I blog so much at one time, then don't blog again for days. We have so much packing to do, and when Avery Claire takes a nap, all we want to do is rest for a few minutes, too. So, needless to say, we aren't moving at the speed we'd like. We did get a few things moved into storage over the past couple of days {which is interesting with a 15 month old, if you haven't ever done it!

We had a busy 4th of July weekend.

Avery Claire left a flag for her Papaw Dale in honor of the 4th. There is honestly not a more peaceful place on earth than on that hill.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My college roomie, and wonderful friend, Megan, got married Saturday. Friday morning began the wedding festitivies with a brunch and a pedicure! The wedding was beautiful and so much fun. I, of course, did not take one picture. So, I stole a few from Krysta's facebook page. Thanks, Krysta - I hope you don't mind!

Megan, you were beautiful and so was your day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Steph...I tried every trick I know. I couldn't get either of our faces to look less sweaty/greasy. I know I'll hear about it, but I had to post the picture.
Photobucket

No one had to tell this girl twice that the dance floor was open. Seriously, the girl loves a party. She thinks they're all for her. And who are we to tell her any different?
Photobucket
Photobucket
She did not want to dance with Tyler until he got that thing off of his head.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We had planned to come home Sunday, but decided to stay one more night and spend the 4th with family.


Thanks to creative Aunt Sheila, the kids put on a fabulous 4th of July parade. It was precious!!
Gettin' ready...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Could you not eat up that cuteness with a spoon?!
Photobucket

The grand marshall wasn't sure about her role, but once Sheila helped her out, she was ready to lead the way {with her diving rings in tow}.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A few more pictures from our weekend... I did not do a good picture-taking job. Sometimes it's just too hard to give up on the living to stop and take a picture.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now we're home and trying to pack and catch up on laundry. My helper is going on a 2 hour nap right now, so that's why I get to blog today!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Cassie said...

LOVE Avery Claire in that bubble!

Brandi said...

What a busy weekend you had!!! Glad ya'll had a safe trip! And, yes she looks alot like her daddy, but in several of these pics I see you shining thru!!! Oh, and, LOVE the bubble....of course! Babies and bubbles....o how it melts my heart!!!

Brandi said...

Forgot to say, that in the picture of AC with your mom in the carport, I thought AC was holding that golf club, fixing to beat that cat!!!

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed having the Davis family with us for a few days! (not long enough) Our house has been too quiet this week! You all went back to Russellville and Matt & Sarah took youth from their church to camp. So we have been very lonesome! We love it when you all are at home with us!!!
Avery Claire, you were the cutest grand marshall ever! The parade was so sweet! Thanks Aunt Sheila! Love to you all from Papa & Nana

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, how precious and sweet you were putting the flag for Papaw Dale!!! He would love every single thing you do and think you're the most beautiful little girl just like we all do. I'm so glad your mommy and daddy decided to stay for the 4th, how could we have had a parade without you as the grand marshall?? It made my day. Love ya bunches, Mema

Rosie said...

Avery Claire is adorable in her little plaid outfit! And that is the best/cutest July 4th parade I have ever seen! I would have paraded them down the whole street they were so cute!
Sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend!

Post a Comment