Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Her Instinct?

Does anyone else's child have a 6th sense about when you're going to be leaving? With the exception of daycare, I take Avery Claire with me just about everywhere I go. We first noticed her "instinct" the night before Dusty left to go to the Marine boot camp. She was so clingy to her Daddy and slept a total of 2 hours that night.
This summer, I've had a couple of interviews that I had to get up early for, and Dusty and I have gone house hunting lately. She somehow knows that something is going on and gets up at the crack of dawn!

Photobucket

Needless to say, getting ready to go anywhere is a task, whether she is going or not. She will not let me out of her sight and usually won't let me put her down for a second. I either have to get ready before she gets up or allow plenty of time to get ready so that I can do it one-handed!
I do hate to leave my girl, anyway, and love it that she likes to be included in everything we do!



Would you wanna leave that face?
Photobucket

You should see the bathroom when we're done getting ready. If q-tips or toilet paper buy us a minute, we let her have at it.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

She's not the only one. Since my hubby only comes home on weekends (sometimes every other) Gavin can always tell when he's about to leave. He gets super clingy and tries to do everything he can to keep his daddy home longer. It's so bittersweet. The toilet paper trick works great huh? lol.

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire is paying attention when we are talking! Matt reminded us last night that she was hearing us talk about mommy going to Florence. Yay! Avery Claire & Nana are going to enjoy the last day of summer vacation together tomorrow!! Fun, Fun, Fun!! Love you all, Nana

Anonymous said...

I Love these sweet pictures of my beautiful daughter and my beautiful granddaughter so much!!! Love,Nana

Post a Comment