Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Celebration

This girl has had some major constipation issues this week. I realize that is entirely too much information {and that it will embarrass her one day}, but every night this week has been centered around poop...or the lack thereof.
This is the face we've seen a lot of and we've heard lots of whining.
Photobucket
Photobucket
She hasn't been a happy camper. There have been major efforts to get her to poop, the least of which has been drinking lots of straight prune juice. Sounds gross, I know, but she likes it. I hear a lot of kids have this problem? We do Miralax every morning, and I guess I need to up the dosage since she is bigger now. We will now do a cup of prune juice with dinner every night, I guess.
Photobucket
Anyway, we celebrated big time tonight because, right before bed, Avery Claire had a big, major blow-out. And we were so glad to see it. We could tell she immediately felt better. And then she had to go to bed. So there will be major playing tomorrow after school!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
One thing there will not be - potty training - until this issue regulates itself. We'd love any tips in that regard!
She is showing interest in the potty we had in the garage. We've brought it inside. She loves to climb on the big potty {when the lid is closed}. She pulls at her diaper when I ask her if she has tee-teed or pooped. So I guess we're moving in that direction.
Photobucket
She clearly knows what materials she'll need when she is ready.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

You know Noah had to do the miralax, so sometime we'll talk and I'll tell you what I know and how we handled that situation. I will tell you this, it is harder to potty train a child that has a constipation problem, at least it was for me! (not to discourage you) I hope she takes to the potty quicker than mine did! LOL!

Elena said...

We have been having some of these same problems lately. We do tons of prunes too, but Reese has started to refuse the juice. I am going to need to know more about this Miralax you speak of. Did you do that on your own, or the doctor recommended? How old do they have to be? We tried Castor Oil but it didn't seem to help any.

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, Nana is so happy that you are feeling better! You look like such a big girl sitting on your potty chair. I am so excited that you all are coming to Clay County this weekend! Nana & Papa have surprises for our sweet Avery Claire! We love you, Nana

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I'm so glad you feel better. Good thing you love prune juice. I love the 2nd picture from the bottom, you are adorable and I can't wait to see you and your mommy and daddy. Love you to the moon!!! Mema

Post a Comment