Friday, October 7, 2011

For Memory's Sake

This post is really just for memory's sake...I wish I could get her every second on video, because there are so many things I want to remember and so many things I want Avery Claire to be able to see for herself.

She is such the little Mommy. She rocks her babies, sings to them, puts lotion on them, and talks to them. I wish you could see her leaned over that baby carrier just a talkin' - and knowing exactly what she's saying, even if we don't. Too precious.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

She amazes me at the things she knows. She understands just about everything we say to her and those little eyes watch everything we do! She can be stubborn and likes things her way. Her Daddy is really great at reasoning with her. He explains to her that we need to change her diaper or clean her nose, she's all for it.

She makes my day when I walk in the door and she gets so excited and runs to me. She looks at me and jabbers and knows just what she's saying. We get so tickled asking her about her day. We ask her yes or no questions and she nods. She likes to nod "no" more than "yes." Every morning we ask her if she slept good, and she always shakes her head "no."

She jabbers constantly at home. When we are in front of people, she might not make a peep. I forgot to add this word to the list on her 18 month post, but she loves to talk on the phone. She puts it to her ear and says "Wo" {as in hell"wo"}. And she's started to keep the phone at her ear and walk around and "talk." And she's so serious when she does it. This afternoon, we were walking and there was dirt beside the sidewalk. I told her it was dirt and she repeated "dirt." She attempts to say everything. And if I ask her if she can say ______ {insert any word}, she always nods yes.

She has started calling her paci a "nyah-nyah." I am not even sure how you spell what she's saying, and I certainly don't know where she gets it. I've always thought it was funny how kids called their pacifiers different things. We've always just called it a paci. Guess she's made up her own name for it. She goes to her bed and wants a "nyah-nyah."

Is the sweetest, cutest, funniest, friendliest, most strong-willed, most precious little girl in the whole wide world. I'm so proud to be her Mommy!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, you are so very much like your mommy when she was your age! It brings back so many precious memories of your mommy playing with her baby dolls! Sweet,Sweet,Sweet!
It has been one week since our visit and I miss y"all so very much! Hugs and Kisses and Lots of Love to you all, Nana

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I love how you take care of your babies, that first picture is adorable...I would love to know what you are telling her. I love all the pictures, you are a doll in your little blue jeans and I love your pony tail and I love your Alabama sweat shirt. Heck, I love everything about you!!!! I miss you!!! Give mommy and daddy and your sweet baby a big hug from Mema.

Post a Comment