Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Kitchen

I've had lots of requests for pictures of the house, but I really wanted to wait until I had everything in its place. I guess that's going to be never. So, I'll post room by room when I have them in some kind of order.

Here's the kitchen:
 photo DSC_0020_zpsa4413600.jpg  I really wanted a very neutral kitchen. I knew I wanted cream cabinets with a glaze. I thought I wanted a chocolate glaze, but the cabinet guy was trying something knew with a more gray glaze, so we went with it. I love it (although this picture doesn't show it well).
  photo DSC_0025_zps64a0a04f.jpg
We decided to put the microwave in another cabinet and do the hood over the stove. Glad we made that decision. Also glad we decided on the insert for the microwave (see first picture). I think it makes a big difference. I also think the backsplash and centerpiece under the hood turned out very nice.
  photo DSC_0022_zps709291ab.jpg photo DSC_0016_zps5ded0138.jpg
I love the bar. I really wanted to do it a darker color and was unsure if the black would be too "much." Again, love it. It's also great that I can watch the TV from the sink!
 photo DSC_0019_zpseadb3d21.jpg
Because of a measurement mistake, we ended up with 3 feet of extra cabinets, which meant 3 feet of our breakfast area was taken up by cabinet. Our plan was to put our table here and then use the dining room for an office. But our table just was too crowded. So, we used the dining room as a dining room and put a writing table in the breakfast area. First of all, I love the table. And I love having it in the kitchen, which is something I wasn't sure about.
  photo DSC_0018_zps35e89c1f.jpg
We love our kitchen. I wouldn't necessarily say I've cooked very much in it, but it's so much fun to be in here, I just might cook a little more in the future.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke, your kitchen is beautiful, as is the rest of the house. You made very good decisions and everything is beautiful. I know you all are enjoying everything.
Grandmother Joann

Elena said...

Love it all!

Anonymous said...

Brooke, the kitchen is my favorite room (besides Avery Claire's playroom, of course)! I love all the choices y'all made! Your new home is beautiful! We are so happy for our sweet Davis family! Love to you all, Mom

Brandi said...

I cant wait to see the rest! Hurry up girl! LOL! Seriously, it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see more pictures and in person. Love it!!
Tia

Post a Comment