Saturday, February 15, 2014

Jumpy Place Birthday Party {and quarantined Daddy}

We went to Avery Claire's friend Zoey's birthday party today. 

See that kid in the pink sweatshirt climbing up that gigantic slide thingy? She's mine.


And there she is, coming down. Didn't bat an eye. Y'all. This thing was gigantic. I've seen big blow up slides, but not the likes of this one. I was terrified for her. I'm sure I don't have to tell you this wasn't her last trip up (or down).


This picture doesn't do the sweat on their heads justice. 


Best I could get of her and her little friend Ryan. He was saying, "I'll say cheese!"



I asked her if she could model her shirt for me and she immediately struck a pose. 


I strategically helped her avoid taking a nap this afternoon. I knew we had to wash her hair. And her Daddy's been in bed (or beside the toilet) all day with this vicious virus that's going around. So, although I enjoyed spending lots of sweet quality time with my girl, I've been flying solo today and I'm pretty exhausted. So, she was out like a light at 8:00. And it's almost midnight and I've watched a movie on Netflix and updated the blog. I'm debating whether I need to sleep in the quarantined room or just camp out on the couch. It's like with a baby - I need to be able to hear him during the night to know if he needs me. 


Those eyelashes. I put this picture on Facebook and got comments that she looks just like me. And she does, I know. But she's so beautiful. And y'all know my lashes are not that full and pretty. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, this looks like such a fun party! I talked to you afterward and you were so excited about this fun place! I love your cute pose in your pretty sweatshirt! So sorry that Dusty had the virus! Poor thing! Thankful that he is better ( and our sweet girl is too)! I love this close up of our sweet girl! Brooke, she does look exactly like you! BEAUTIFUL! I love y'all much! Nana

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I'm so glad you got to enjoy this party before the awful bug hit you...you are having a really good time! Love to see you with other kids!!! You are a lovely model for your mom's great work!!! Love you much!!! Mema

Post a Comment