Thursday, February 20, 2014

On the Mend

It took a few days, but ALL of the Davis's are back among the land of the living. Dusty was pretty much recovered by Monday. Avery Claire seemed to feel a lot better Monday, too. So we headed to Target and gymnastics late that afternoon. 

I will admit that I was feeling achy all day Monday. I blamed it on some sinus issues. However, the plague hit me Monday night. I'll spare you the details, but the first time my very achy self was able to sit up for more than a few minutes was yesterday morning. I would have bet $ that I had the flu Tuesday morning. I've never in my life felt like that - except when I had the flu. 

Avery Claire woke up at 5:30 Tuesday morning sick again, so Dusty had to take off, too, to take care of her. We've been a sad sight, folks..

Avery Claire and Dusty went back to school. By lunchtime, I decided I could sit up in the bed and work on a few school things...with snow days and President's day and sick days, I've been in school one and half days of the last 12. Needless to say, I'm way behind on my school to-do list. And Read Across America Week AND my book fair are coming up week after next.


Yesterday afternoon, we were all ready for some fresh air. We went outside for a bit and it was glorious. 



Dusty played on Avery Claire's PlaySkool basketball goal and she directed us as to when we needed to talk and when we needed to clap. She's back to 100%, I'd say.


I went back to school today. After I got us both dressed and delivered her to school this morning, I was worn out and didn't know if I could make it a whole day!

After she HAD to change clothes, we're outside again this afternoon, about to blow away. I'd say those storm predictions are pretty accurate if this wind is any indication! 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Heyy Mrs. Davis this is diekiea smith I was in your third grade class I just wanted to say hi and hibbett school is really fun and I've met a lot more friends but I miss harlan and I miss u to

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that you all are feeling better! It is a helpless feeling to live so far away from y'all! I wanted to be there to help take care of you all! Glad that you all got to get out in the fresh air! I am so ready for spring! Watch the weather tonight! Love y'all much! Nana

Anonymous said...

Love these pics of my sweetie! Miss y'all so much! I wanted to come this weekend. Felt like y'all need a restful weekend after the week y'all have had! Love to you all!

Post a Comment