Wednesday, June 24, 2015

5 Year Well-Check {and the Sullivan's}

5 year old stats:
46 pounds
43.25 inches tall

This girl had her 5 year well-check today. She's a healthy, tough girl. I was a little worried about shots, seeing as she has a flair for the dramatics. She was well-prepared and tough as nails. She flinched and scrunched her face and I waited on the tears, but they didn't come, through all three shots. 

I was a little worried when Dr. C started examining her belly very closely and asked me if she was taking any medicines. When I said no and he still looked weird, I realized her belly was yellow all the way down one side. And it scared me because it looked like a huge, almost gone bruise that I couldn't imagine how I'd missed. And, remember, she has a flair for the dramatics, so how could she have been injured that badly and never said a word? Then she reminded me that she'd spilt her green Icee pop earlier. We changed her shirt, but I didn't realize it had stained her belly. And she told us both we needed glasses because her belly was green, not yellow. 

She's all ready for Kindergarten. Her mama is not.


We leave for the beach tomorrow. So, Becca let me know a day or two ago that she wanted our kiddos tonight, so that we could pack. How did we get so lucky to have sweet, thoughtful friends that love our babies and whom our babies adore? 



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, sweet girl! I am glad that you are excited about starting school! Nana just is not ready for that yet! We are so proud of you and we love you so much! Nana

Post a Comment