Friday, June 12, 2015

Happy 10th Anniversary (Vegas-style)

We discussed taking a trip for our 10th anniversary for several weeks and couldn't decide where to go. We knew we couldn't take a very long trip because I just couldn't leave Bennett for too long when he is so little. So, after much debate, we decided on Vegas. 

We dropped the kids off with Nana and Papa this afternoon and headed for the airport.

Vegas, here we come! 


We arrived late Thursday night. Well, around 10 our time, which was 8 Vegas time. Which is really very early Vegas time. It's like a different world there, where time doesn't matter at all. 

We had to send Avery Claire a picture of the Hershey store - an entire store devoted to candy...her kind of paradise. 


We slept until after 9 our time Friday, which was only 7 Vegas time. So, I we had a great breakfast, had coffee, and I got prime location at the pool. 


I cannot tell you the last time I sat by the pool with a book and relaxed. It was glorious. 


We made dinner reservations for Del Frisco's for Friday night.


They had a sweet card waiting on us, and treated us to the most delicious piece of lemon cake for dessert. 


After dinner, we explored for awhile. And it was only 8 pm in Vegas. A day there seemed like at least a day and half to us, which was so awesome and so weird all at the same time. 


Dusty, I wouldn't change a thing about our last 10 years...We have laughed. And laughed. And moved. We've gone from babies to Mama and Daddy. We've traveled. And moved. ;-) We have welcomed the two most precious, beautiful babies into this world. I could never thank you enough for making me laugh, keeping me grounded, loving me so well, and for being such an amazing Daddy to our babies. Here's to 75 more years (and I'm sure another move or two). 










0 comments:

Post a Comment