Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Grand Canyon

Saturday, we left early for the Grand Canyon. We booked a bus tour. The drive from Vegas to the Canyon was around 2.5-3 hours, I think. I took a Dramamine, so it passed pretty quickly for me.

We stopped at the Hoover Dam on the way to the Grand Canyon. If you look closely, you can see how much the water level has dropped over the last few years.



 (forgot my sunglasses on the bus)




We went to the West Rim of the Canyon. It's owned by the Hualapai Indian tribe (vs. the South Rim, which is a National Park). When we got there, we could see the Canyon way off in the distance. Our first stop was a little town. Neither of us said anything but we later admitted that we were afraid we'd chosen the wrong rim if that was as close as we were going to get to the Canyon. 



We were wrong. Our next stop was Eagle Point. Can you see the "eagle?" We got as close to the Canyon as you can get without falling off the edge. Well, maybe Dusty got a little closer to the edge than I did. I heeded our guide's warnings a little more than he did. For example, NEVER BACK UP in the Canyon. Always turn around and walk/move. Google it, y'all. People have fallen over the edge. There are no guard rails anywhere in the West Rim. 








Dusty would've gone out on the SkyWalk. I encouraged him to go. I just couldn't do it. I've lost a lot of my adventuresome self in my older age. Maybe it's the two kids I know are waiting on me to come home. 











I stood here in awe, really. How can something this huge and this amazing not have God's hand in it? 





0 comments:

Post a Comment