Monday, August 30, 2010

Are ear infections a given?

I think every baby I know has trouble with ear infections, and it seems that Avery Claire is no exception!!
She didn't feel great Saturday night and woke up during the night, which is unusual for her lately. She had a slight fever Saturday night and a higher fever Sunday morning. She took a long nap in Mommy and Daddy's bed, and we knew she didn't feel good.
Photobucket


Avery Claire spent most of Sunday asleep in her new swing. (Papa and Nana found a slightly used swing for a steal! Thanks, Gidley's!) That swing has been a lifesaver over the past couple of days.

Photobucket

This poor baby took almost 3 hour naps twice yesterday, which is very unlike her!

Photobucket

Photobucket

When she hasn't been asleep, she wanted to be held! And, of course, Mommy and Daddy have held her as much as she wanted us to!

Photobucket

Look at this pitiful face at 5 a.m. this morning. Mommy checked her temperature and it was 104 - that scared Mommy. So Avery Claire got a cool bath and a cold rag on her head, which helped her fever go down a little.

Photobucket

Mommy stayed home with Avery Claire today and we went to the pediatrician - Avery Claire has a double ear infection. She weighed 16 pounds.
(You know she doesn't feel good if she'll keep that cover on her legs!)

Photobucket

We got antibiotics and headed home. We visited the chiropractor later this afternoon. We've heard good things about what the chiropractor can do for ear infections, and we're willing to give any thing a try!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is one of the few smiles we've gotten all day - the sweet baby girl feels a little bit better this afternoon. She has been "talking" again, and she hasn't done much of that for the last two days.
Nana is on her way so she can stay with her tomorrow. We hope she feels much better in the morning!!
Photobucket
So, I wonder if every baby is bound to get ear infections? I think we're going to make regular trips to the chiropractor to see if that helps us avoid them. And we're going to the doctor at the first sign of the next sniffle!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby, I hope this medicine works fast!! I love you , Mema

Brandi said...

Poor Avery Claire! I hope you feel better soon so I can see more of your sweet smiles. I know your Nana is going to hold you all you want her to while she is with you tomorrow! You have great parents and grandparents taking care of you. Tell Mommy to try to get a little rest!

Cassie said...

I have to know what a chiropractor does to a baby! Please share.

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, Nana just got back home and I miss you terribly! I am so happy that you are feeling better! I hope you rest well tonight! I love you so much! Nana

Post a Comment