Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New {Big Girl} Kicks

Avery Claire is officially walking - everywhere!! She would now rather walk than crawl (most of the time). I promise to upload video very soon!
Shoes do not stop her, but they do slow her down! Here she rockin' her new Nike kicks Sunday after we went for a walk outside.
I did have to hold her hands outside to keep her off of Connor's electric four-wheeler and steer her away from the neighborhood "Godfather" basset hound, Newman, although he so wanted her to pet him and she so wanted to touch him!!
Photobucket
"Mama, why do you keep trying to put these things on my feet? I can go so much faster without them!!"
Photobucket
Photobucket
I seriously almost cried when I put these shoes on Avery Claire and stood her up. My baby is not a baby anymore and she looked like such a big girl in these shoes! The thought even crossed my mind to just put them up and pretend they never even existed. If she's not wearing big girl shoes, she must not be a big girl, right?
Photobucket

9 comments:

Mrs. Kelly Rooks said...

Awww, she is a big girl now! Cute shoes! You are definitely going to get your exercise in now chasing her around EVERY where!ha!

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I can not believe how fast you are growing up!! It was so sweet last weekend how proud you were when you walked from one of us to the other. We clapped and said "Yay" and you did also. So Sweet!!!! I love your pretty new Nikes!! I love and miss you, Nana

Brittany said...

Yay, Avery Claire! What stylish new shoes! Eli hates walking in them too!!!

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I love your new Nike shoes, and loved seeing you and your mommy and daddy last weekend...you are the most precious baby girl!! Love ya bunches, Mema

Elena said...

Auntie Steph and I were just talking about Avery Claire's upcoming birthday and it really is hard to believe that she is already walking and about to be one! I love her new kicks!!!

Rosie said...

Oh. My. Word. Those are the cutest little tennis shoes ever! She's a big girl now. I feel your pain, I'm feeling like these kids are just growing up way too fast.

Brandi said...

Avery Claire I love your new shoes! Brooke, yes, the first time you put tennis shoes on your baby it does feel like they have just grown up right before your eyes. I don't know what it is about tennis shoes, but I felt the SAME way the first time I put them on Noah and Jonah!!!

April said...

Avery Claire I love your new shoes. These babies are growing up WAY to FAST!!!! Time flies when you are having this much fun.

Tom and Katie said...

I love the new shoes Avery Claire!! I can't believe how big you are getting.

Post a Comment