Sunday, February 6, 2011

SUYL: What to Feed Your Toddler {and Gingerbread House}

I missed Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life - What to Feed Your Toddler deadline, so I thought I'd post anyway so we could remember the things Avery Claire likes to eat now, and so any of you with kids might give us advice {although I refuse to believe my baby is a toddler until after she is one}.
Avery Claire's favorite snacks are:
Gerber Garden Tomato cheese curls, Gerber Banana cookies, Ritz crackers, Graham crackers, Club crackers, and Puffs.
Here she is snacking on the Garden Tomato cheese curls right after her nap today - the 3rd one I'd woken her up from today. And, yes, they smell just as awful yummy as they look.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

She loves to drink juice and water. I try to stick to the 4 ounces of juice rule (per day) and give her water if she needs anything else. I'm sure she'd love tea and Mountain Dew, too, if we'd allow that to our deprived child.
Photobucket

For breakfast, Avery Claire eats: baby cereal with fruit mixed in, or yogurt & cereal (like Cheerios / Cap'n Crunch.

For lunch at daycare, Avery Claire eats: baby cereal with some kind of baby food mixed in. Mrs. Teresa likes to get her good and full before naptime!!

For lunch/dinner at home, Avery Claire eats: Gerber cheese ravioli, mac-n-cheese (sometimes with mixed veggies/chicken)...
...but here's where I get stuck. She loves green beans. She loves any kind of bread and/or cheese, even pizza. I guess we need to eat healthier ourselves, 'cause I have trouble sometimes just feeding her off of our plates, which is what the pediatrician suggested we do. She obviously didn't realize how often we eat nachos from El Patron and unhealthy meals from McDonald's.
Photobucket

Did you know you get a cookie if you eat your veggies? Avery Claire knows!
Photobucket
And she'll share if you want a bite.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I've thought about buying the Tyson chicken breast chunks and shredding those. I've tried carrots, which she might like better if I put a little cheese on them? I just feel like she eats the same things every night, and since she already has some constipation issues, I know cheese will not be her friend. What do you/did you feed your kid(s) when they first starting eating solids?


I finally talked Dusty into throwing away the Bama gingerbread house our neighbors made for us two years ago. It's been in our freezer because we just weren't sure what to do with it. I told Dusty when he accused me of being unsentimental that I'd take pictures so we'd never forget what it looked like - cause it's very impressive, really. There are more details than I could ever tell you about, like the Christmas tree on the inside of the house, the windows made of fruit roll-up, and the mailbox made of gum. It was so sweet of them to make it for us, and we always wanted to remember it. We just didn't have room for it in the freezer anymore.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, Nana loves your red monogrammed Valentine shirt and socks!! You are so beautiful!!! I miss you terribly! Sending you lots of hugs & kisses!

Rosie said...

Hey girl. I think you are doing pretty good as far as feeding Avery Claire. We're still stuck on the 4 hours schedule so Gavin eats more often and not as much at once. I add butter to his veggies and that makes them a lot more edible for him. I don't think any one person has the answer to exactly what to feed their "toddler." It's more like a learning experience. This post inspires me to get him on a more "grown up" eating schedule rather than a baby eating schedule. Thanks!

Post a Comment