Friday, November 11, 2011

Life Lately

I have good intentions, ya'll, to keep up with the blog. I really, really do. But then when I have a minute to sit down at the computer, I just want to go to bed. I had a cold for the past week that just wouldn't quit. Finally, two shots and 3 prescriptions later, my voice is back and I feel much better. Last weekend, Avery Claire was the crankiest I've seen her. Maybe it was just that I didn't feel my best. But Dusty and I joked that we needed to go to school to rest after that weekend. We do think she's teething. Gosh, I hope so, 'cause we can't take years of the Terrible Two's if they are really that terrible. She has seemed much better as the week has gone along, so we think she just wasn't feeling her best. Our sweet, funny, happy girl is back! This day off has been just what we needed. The house is cleaned, most of the clothes are washed, and we have enjoyed our time together. And we still have the weekend ahead of us!! I love having Friday off!

Let me catch you up on life lately, then I'll attempt to keep caught up after this one. I know....you won't hold your breath, right?
Avery Claire has always loved bath time. Until one night a couple of weeks ago. While washing her hair, she became panicked. She screamed and screamed while I rinsed. Dusty tells me I traumatized her. For the next week, she screamed when I mentioned bath time. It took both of us to hold her in the tub and bathe her while she stood, cried, and tried to crawl out. And washing her hair...I can't even describe. We tried bathing her in the sink. I tried bathing her with me. We tried the shower. Nothing worked. She panicked every single time she came near water. Then, one night, her daddy talked her into the bathroom calmly and I had 3 funnels for her to play with. Since then, she's all about bath time. She still hates the hair washing part, but things are getting better. We wash her hair as infrequently as possible!!!

This face was after one of those traumatizing baths.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And her new favorite bath toys....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We had 18 month/family/Christmas pictures made last Saturday {during the weekend of Miss Cranky Pants}. She really acted fine during pictures, but I think we might have only gotten one smile. I just hope there are some good ones! Look at these sweet little boots she sported for some of her pictures.
Photobucket
Avery Claire is into:
- laying on a pillow and laying on the couch. She loves to lay down so we can cover her up.
Photobucket
Photobucket

- pacis. They've gotta go soon. Oh, how I dread that day. She had gotten so good about leaving them in her bed. When she's at daycare, she can have it whenever, so it's hard to enforce the leave it in the bed rule at home. So we're done fighting it. But I guess we have to think about taking it away. She gets more attached every day {although she usually doesn't carry around this many!}
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

- forks. She will eat pretty much anything I want her to as long as it's off of a fork! And she likes to do it herself. If she can't get the fork to pick up the food, she'll put it on the fork and then eat it!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

- squeezable fruit snacks. Have ya'll seen these? They are so handy. And Avery Claire loves them. I was afraid they'd be a huge mess, but she knows how to handle them pretty well. They are a great way to get a couple of servings of fruit and veggies in!!
Photobucket

- candy! She learned all about it this Halloween. And we've learned it could be very good bribery material. The candy is hidden now at our house because she kept going to the stash and wanting it.
This is M&M face.
Photobucket
A silly girl with a ring pop
Photobucket
Photobucket
My sweet baby girl - isn't she beautiful?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Playing possum...
Photobucket
Photobucket
And she's so smart. Her vocabulary grows every day. I love to see her learn new words and try to use them. She has learned "I want" and "I cy {cry}." She thinks it's funny if we cry, so she playfully hits. When I say "I cry" she pats my face and says "I cy." Tonight, I swear she patted my face and said "I sorry." When I stop the car, from the car seat I hear "I drive." She loves to sit up front and pretend to drive. When she sees her own picture, she points to herself and says "my?" I love it!
The other night, Dusty asked me where I had hidden the "c-a-n-d-y." She jumped up and took off towards the kitchen. We just looked at each other and laughed. I'm telling you, the girl is smart!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to have a new post, Avery Claire I'm glad you're liking your bath now, those first pictures are pitiful...I love your boots and can't wait to see pictures. The turkey shirt is so cute. Love you, Mema

Brandi said...

God love it...those crying pics are pitiful!!! So glad that daddy saved the day with funnels!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved my visit with you all this weekend! We had so much fun! Avery Claire, I am happy that Nana's bathing you was fun!! I don't like it when you get upset! Just a phase I know! You are definitely Nana's girl, loving you some M&Ms! I loved watching you eat with your fork! You are such a big girl! I think you grew 2 inches in 2 weeks! I am excited to see your new pictures!! Hopefully this week! Love you all so very much! I hope you have a great week!! Nana

Post a Comment