Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Meet Persivia

A few weeks ago, as I listened to people call in to Rick and Bubba and tell about the kids they've sponsored for years, I decided that sponsoring a child was something I needed to do. It is only a drop in the bucket by way of providing everything a child needs, but it's my hope that we can make a small difference in the life of a child that needs a little hope.




We are sponsoring a child through World Vision. I went online and looked for a little girl who has the same birthday as Avery Claire. We found Persivia. She is a seven year old little girl who lives in Zambia, which is in Africa. Her family lives in an area severely affected by HIV and AIDS. She does not attend school, likes to play ball games, and helps her parents at home by babysitting her brother and two sisters.


Meet Persivia.





I just want to wrap my arms around her.


We have been enjoying collecting things to send her in a care package. I so wish I could see her face when she opens it. This is not an advertisement or a plea for you to sponsor a child. I just wanted to document our start with Persivia. Not only do I hope that Persivia benefits from our family, I hope that our family learns a lot from this experience. I think my biggest hope is that Avery Claire learns a lot about compassion and giving to others.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Love this!! What a sweet face. I just want to give her a big hug too!! Thanks for sharing!!

Elena said...

We also sponsored after hearing the Rick and Bubba segments. Very convicting! I am pretty sure I remember seeing Persivia when I was looking.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I didn't know that you could send gifts to Persivia. I thought that you only donated money for her. I will also contribute to help! Nana

Post a Comment