Sunday, July 7, 2013

Aunt Steph and 4th of July

Aunt Steph spent a couple of days with us last week. We took her to eat Rick's BBQ Monday night. Tuesday, we took her to the Scott farm for swimming, grilled cheeses, goat sightings, and the entertainment of me with the kids in the paddle boat. here's a link to that day- http://bkcsmith.blogspot.com/2013/07/another-visit-to-scott-farm.html. The one thing I must add that Kate did not is that the kids were absolutely terrified that I was going to sink the boat.

We loved having Steph here!! I feel certain of 4 things after seeing our "real world":
1) She will not get married and/or have kids until another few years give her plenty of time and distance between her memories of her time here.
2) She will have stories to tell her friends for weeks that they won't believe without pictures. 
3) She may know how crazy we are, but she is just as in love with our girl as we are, even though she saw the mother of all fits. 
4) She will book a trip to the Scott farm for her kids one day.


We headed to CC for the 4th Wednesday. We didn't see one ray of sunshine until we got almost back to Muscle Shoals Sunday. 
We did enjoy ourselves inside, though!

Uncle Si made a visit.

And so did...Einstein? aka Papa, who celebrated a big birthday!! Hope your day was great! Who knew you'd sprout a head full of hair at 54?!


I heard Avery Claire yell "Oh, my word!!!!! Y'all have got to come wook at this!"


We went to Megan and Logan's on the 4th and I didn't take one picture. It was rainy and messy and we stayed inside pretty much the whole time. Glad we got to see fireworks last weekend!

Grandmother Joann (Grandma) demonstrated how she fries okra for Sarah and I. Hers is perfectly, evenly round and covered and crispy. Maybe it's the years of practice cause my attempt last year with her instructions was a giant fail! We'll see if I attempt it again.

Thanks, Grandmother! Not only did I get to see you in action, I got to eat your fried okra twice in three days!!

There are people on that bed. I don't know what game they were playing, but it was loud and much enjoyed by these three. I was told by Avery Claire when I walked in that I could "go back in dere."





Our ride home todayowas pleasant!


And Avery Claire didn't even want to get out of the car when we got home. We unloaded and unpacked and then she begged to go "pwetend dwive." First Daddy drove and she sat in the back like a big person.


Then it was her turn to drive. Daddy sat in the back seat and she made sure he was buckled.

This was her "I don't wanna go in face." I should post the video of her meltdown when I told her she wasn't going to grow enough today to be able to touch the pedals with her feet.
















1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our family time with you all even if it did rain everyday! Avery Claire makes every day fun- rain or shine- she is our sunshine! Hated for you all to go back home! We love you all soooo much! Nana

Post a Comment