Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Avery Claire's First Visit to the Dentist


She is officially a big girl. Not only did she go for her first dentist visit today, she acted like a 10 year old while she was there. I've heard about dentists that ask parents not to accompany their children to "the chair," and I was so glad ours wasn't like that. But she honestly didn't even need me. 

The receptionist actually wanted me to bring her to my next visit and then let her come back in 6 months with me for her visit. I called back and told them she'd been looking forward to the dentist for months and that I thought she was ready. I was right. 


She opened wide "like an alligator" for Ms. Jennifer and let her clean her teeth and floss. 


And Ms. Jennifer got even cooler when she turned on cartoons while we waited on the dentist. 


As a mommy, I think today was my proudest moment so far.

No cavities!! 


We came home and tried to find things to do inside, 'cause it's still raining!! 




Can you tell we're tired of the rain?!!








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nana is so proud of you! You are such a "big girl"! Nana is tired of the rain too! Love y'all!

Kate Smith said...

Sweet girl! I miss yall!!!

Magaly Jeon @ Premiere Dental said...

It's really surprising when kids act like they're older than their actual age! Unlike other kids, Avery didn't show any hint of fear, which is a good sign. It means you will not have a hard time taking her to the dentist for regular visits. With this attitude, I am positive she'll remain cavity-free for a very long time.

Patty Strains said...

Oh, how cute was she? I'm glad she had fun and that she behaved as well as she possibly could. Here's hoping that all her future dental visits go as well as this one!

Unknown said...

Indeed, you were right that she was ready for her first dental visit. You must be proud of your cute little girl. She's very brave! You must have prepared her well before the day of the visit. It's what kids need before going to their first dental visit: A positive visualization of how it's going to be with the dentist. And of course, the actual should be just like how you let your kid envisioned it. Otherwise, she wouldn't be able to trust you anymore, or the dentist. I see her dentist did a good job keeping her comfortable.

Thomas DeFinnis @ WynneWoodDentalArts

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It's delightful to hear that Avery acted like a big girl and didn't have any issues with her first visit to the dentist! Most parents are having a hard time taking their children to the dental clinic, but you didn't have that same dilemma with your daughter. I'm sure you were really proud of her. Please keep looking after her teeth and teaching her to take care of them as well.
Lindsay @ Smile by Design

Unknown said...

Excellent post. Its very informative and helpful. Thanks for your nice post.
Emergency dental services Manhattan NY


emergency dental clinic Manhattan NY


24 hour emergency dental office Manhattan NY

Emergency Dentist Manhattan NY

24 hour emergency dentist Manhattan NY

Post a Comment